Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seating Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Seating Options

I've been looking at replacing my worn out standard seats with new ones. I was hoping to find something that would mount lower for more headroom, with good bolstering and reclining.

Anyone have something like that they've installed? I've seen some but not much first hand experience.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not aware of your location or interest in an OEM seat, but Recaro may be an option. They have a line of "sport" seats that are not the "race" type so often mentioned. Griffin Motorwerk in Berkeley is a major Recaro dealer on the West Coast and may be able to advise.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:37 AM
AG81
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Inc.
I've been looking at replacing my worn out standard seats with new ones. I was hoping to find something that would mount lower for more headroom, with good bolstering and reclining.

Anyone have something like that they've installed? I've seen some but not much first hand experience.
Classic Touring Seats.............www.classiccarseats.com
Old 12-20-2018, 02:47 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

I have ordered some seats from GTS classics (same as above post) for my 79 build. I am 6'3" and the car had stock seats and a sunroof. Felt like I did not fit good at all and head was about at the ceiling. The GTS guys are building me some that they recommended for tall guys and you can mount them on a recline. Have not sat in them yet so cant give a full report but you may want to speak with them. Very impressed with Stefan so far working with him on the customization and order process.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
I have ordered some seats from GTS classics (same as above post) for my 79 build. I am 6'3" and the car had stock seats and a sunroof. Felt like I did not fit good at all and head was about at the ceiling. The GTS guys are building me some that they recommended for tall guys and you can mount them on a recline. Have not sat in them yet so cant give a full report but you may want to speak with them. Very impressed with Stefan so far working with him on the customization and order process.
Which seat style did they suggest for you?
Old 12-25-2018, 10:25 PM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Inc.
Which seat style did they suggest for you?
I can't speak for Scott, but I'm also 6'3". Stefan recommended the Vallelunga model for me. He's building them to sit lower and a little deeper to provide me a better fit in the car. Mine are scheduled to be completed in February. Beware that with customization comes a significant wait time.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:24 AM
AG81
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Horus2000
I can't speak for Scott, but I'm also 6'3". Stefan recommended the Vallelunga model for me. He's building them to sit lower and a little deeper to provide me a better fit in the car. Mine are scheduled to be completed in February. Beware that with customization comes a significant wait time.
^
This is a very true statement and the reason I went another direction with my seats......Stefan's schedule and mine did not line up at all. But he is a great guy and knows what he is doing........
Old 12-26-2018, 02:07 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Horus2000
Yup same for me. Also Vallelunga with custom building. Mine are late February hopefully.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Has anyone tried the Granturismo Sport seat? https://www.classiccarseats.com/granturismosport.php

I think it looks fantastic and I bet the lateral support is good, but I wonder about comfort for longer drives and whether the recline/tilt function is all that great.

Quick Reply: Seating Options