throttle lever installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Brent B
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle lever installation

Couldn't find anything on the search.

I have a '77 Carrera with auto temp control and just replaced the heater cable. The temp control box is out and the rear brake cables are disconnected in the back.

My problem is I'm trying to get the hand brake reinstalled and I can't seem to get the throttle lever plastic piece reconnected to the throttle cable in the tunnel.

Is there a particular order of reinstallation to get the throttle cable on so I can bolt the brake lever back down to the floor? What is the secret?

Brent
Old 01-30-2004, 03:55 PM
BartB
Intermediate

One thing that helps is to push and hold the throttle rod in towards the middle of the tunnel. You can do this via the access hole for the throttle cable stop with a screwdriver.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Brent B
6th Gear

Can you tell me where exactly the access hole for the throttle cable stop is? I'm not near the car right now but I assume it is under the carpet just to the left of the hand brake somewhere.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:10 PM
BartB
Intermediate

Exactly, it is another hole in the tunnel to the left of the handbrake and forward from the throttle lever. Also, some people claim that it is much easier to access the hand throttle parts with the driver's seat removed, but I've never had to do that myself.

Quick Reply: throttle lever installation