Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Tire opinions for a C4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 09:55 AM
mj964
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Tire opinions for a C4 ?

My ContiSport Contacts are getting pretty thin. I haven't had any complaints so I may just reload another set, but this will be the first set I've bought for a 911, so I though I'd ask - anyone have strong love/hate experience with any particular tire? The car gets street use and novice DE. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2002, 11:23 AM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tirerack.com is a great source of info, and it has both user reviews and 'professional' reviews. Personally, I do not like the Conti Sportcontacts. They're noisy, have a short tread life, and don't grip nearly as well as other tires on the market. I've had 4 different tires on my C2 now, and the Conti's are definitely the worst.

I couldn't recommend a single tire for you, but here are a few to check out:

1. Bridgestone SO3's: these are considered by many to be the best non-competition tire available.

2. Kuhmo 712's: good tire and much less expensive than the SO3's. I have a new set of these in my garage that I will put on shortly.

3. Toyo T1S: premium tire similar to the SO3. Price is slightly more than SO3, at least that's what I've found.

Drew
92 C2
Old 03-08-2002, 04:04 PM
mj964
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Drew. I checked the TireRack's reviews of the SportContacts - ouch! I inherited mine - with unknown mileage - on a used set of Cup wheels I bought so I hadn't really thought of their wear rate. With those reviews, it's amazing they sell any of them.

Greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Tire opinions for a C4 ?