Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Smog equipment removal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 08:16 PM
stlrj
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
a " massive waste of time" for you might be someone elses hobby....

when i got my car just the plumbing underneath remained. i spent an afternoon cleaning it up and plugging the injection ports and it looked all cleaned up when i was done. no piping or injectors.
Notice any performance increase? If not, it was a massive waste of time when I could have spent my time on polishing my ride (something I could admire every day).
Old 06-03-2020, 09:57 PM
RShepHorse
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stlrj
Notice any performance increase? If not, it was a massive waste of time when I could have spent my time on polishing my ride (something I could admire every day).
"To each -his own." One of the beauties of this forum is the expertise that people share who truly enjoy fiddling with these pieces of fine machinery and to repeatedly call that a 'massive waste of time' makes me think you are trolling or just don't get it.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:02 PM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by stlrj
Nothing to gain, performance wise, by removing the smog plumbing. But if the smog pump bothers you, then why not remove it and set it aside? Removing the plumbing seems like a lot of work for nothing...a massive waste of time.
Almost as much of a waste of time as responding to a question from 2 years ago! lol

Quick Reply: Smog equipment removal?