Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 05:07 PM
georgie
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheel Spacers

I've noticed there are seemingly many different kinds and the prices vary immensely. Anyone have recommendations for an '87 Carrera. Probably spacing out 1 or 1.5".

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:37 PM
gr8fl4porsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.5" on the rear of my '87 was too much - rubbed the fenders.
Try a 1" if you have to use spacers to get the look you are after.
Better yet find a pair of 8's or 9's to do the job properly.

I used the type that utilizes a second set of lugs rather than the longer replacement studs. Apparently the longer studs with the spacer that slips over them is the preferred method.
Old 12-29-2003, 07:26 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adapters are "quicker" because they bolt onto the existing studs. If you want to run "spacers" you may need to change out the studs for longer ones, to ensure you have enough thread for the lug nut. Once you make that decision, then you can focus on brands/sizes you will need to make your car "right" for you.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:23 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Get the H&R spacers sold by Performance Products or wherever else you can find them, they are IMHO quite the nice product. I had a set of 15mm units from them a few years back and used them on the rear of my C2 for my 70mm offset track wheels. They were made well and seemed "bulletproof".

There are similar units out there that will do that job as well, but you probably do not want to go through the process of installing longer wheel studs...but it you do, I know just the guy to ask on how to do the procedure.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers