Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How to take out AFTER_MARKET ALARM

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Dr.Chris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to take out AFTER_MARKET ALARM

Does anyone know the procedure to take out an after-market (audiovox) Pestige alarm. I have a 88 cab and the alarm not only drains my new battery every week it now has decided to disable my fuel pump and the car wont start. Fuel pump, fuses, DME etc. all are fine including starter. It is about a 8 year old alarm that I have no manual for. How is the easiest way to get rid of this hassle? What all do I need to be aware of to de-install the alarm, it is hooked up to my own cars horn and parking lights and locks and unlocks the doors. THANKS Unless I can do it myself I'll have to have it towed
Old 12-26-2003, 02:30 PM
88911coupe
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran into the same thing on my 88 but in my case the Clifford alarm would go off while driving down the street! Anyway, I was told by a Clifford installer to physically remove the "brain" and then I carefully cut all the connections. The key was having the brain removed while it was disarmed, otherwise it would have locked out the starter.
Good Luck
Old 12-26-2003, 05:24 PM
RoninLB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the brain is probably in the luggage comp under the dash.. trace all wires and completely remove everything IMO
Old 12-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Dr.Chris
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the whole alarm system taken out yesterday at an alarm/stereo store for $35. If the car stays charged for the next week it will be the best $ I've ever spent!

Quick Reply: How to take out AFTER_MARKET ALARM