Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

89 911 leaning left. Suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 03:46 PM
Jonasjmac
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 89 911 leaning left. Suspension issues

Found my 89 911 leaning left and driving very poorly. Got underneath and found the left front torsion retention Capa nd bolt had come off and we’re just sitting idly in the holder. Got the car up and leveled both Side and torsion bolts however after putting the car back on the ground still significantly lower on the left. Visual inspection otherwise appears symmetric underneath. What would be the most likely cause of it leaning so far left.And mind you I had a completely new suspension Done with in the last three years
Old 02-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Jonasjmac
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

fixed the initial issue. The torsion cap was not staying tight, got it tight and now it is secure. Spindles looked good. Had to give it a tap with hammer to secure it which concerned me but drove it and stayed secure, will need to get the alignment redone. Next question is I had the entire suspension redone through elephant racing with von street level 2 for track performance and 22/31 torsion bars placed. I only used this setup on the track once and have subsequently bought a spec boxster and use the 911 street only. Would I be able to go to smaller torsion bars say 21/27 to make the ride more streetable without changing the rest of the setup, knowing it will need a re-alignment regardless

Quick Reply: 89 911 leaning left. Suspension issues