Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1976 911s Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017 | 01:06 PM
DennisS
Track Day

Default 1976 911s Won't Start

So this is a long story with an ending yet to be written. My problems began with hot not start and I installed a new accumulator. This partially fixed the problem then it got progressively worse. It turned out my tank was rusty. This ruined the fuel pump. I had it rebuilt, changed the gas tank, fuel filter, accumulator and injectors. It started hard when cold and not when hot. Then not at all. I am getting gas at a steady pressure.
There is now no spark. So I had the CDI rebuilt ( it hums), distributor rebuilt, new coil, Dist. cap and rotor, and plug wires.

This is over a years time and many things were original.

I have checked all the fuses.

I crank it over and there is no spark at the plug electrode.

So what to do next?

Dennis
Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2017 | 12:36 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Is this a points car or has it been upgraded ?
Old 10-22-2017 | 04:54 PM
TerryShugart
Advanced

For fuel you should hear the injectors spray when the air plate is lifted. Your car should have CDS ignition. Points are a trigger and don't carry high voltage. Assuming the ignition timing is correct you can check for 12v with a trouble light just as the points brake with the rotor out. You can also check for high voltage out put by removing the HT lead at the distributor cap and setting the lead 10mm from case ground. Don't ground it. As the engine is rotated the lead should spark to ground.
Terry
75 011S

Quick Reply: 1976 911s Won't Start