Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 01:02 PM
iFox
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default help / thoughts 78 911

Some of you may be familiar with my history but here are the facts:

Got a 78 SC US car in March.

1. First issue was that the car started first turn when cold, then very hard when warm. The issue was the fuel accumulator. It was replaced and warm starts stopped being an issue.

2. Cold starts though went from being easy to harder. By harder I mean the engine turns for approx 3-5 sec then fires.

3. tensioners were upgraded. After there was oil leaking from one side and mechanic either replaced that tensioner or the gasket. I did notice that the first time the tensioners were done there was what appeared to be missing "clips" on the lines. Other renn folks pointed it out. After the oil leak fix. the clips were on. AT this time there was also a new clutch installed as the old one had the rubber disintegrate. While the clutch was replaced the mech also did the throttle bushing, oil pressure sender, oil thermo o ring.

Since this last job, the car seems to idle lower when cold. It used to idle at a steady 1K and now when cold its at approx 800 and sounds wobbley. Also when its cold sometimes the idle dips to almost dying when starting out from a stop in 1st.

When its warm it still sits lower than it did...now warmed up I'm at approx 900.

Thoughts?

Sher-

Quick Reply: help / thoughts 78 911