Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911S -76 Webers spitting and choking

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM
Jonte
Instructor

Received 185 Likes on 70 Posts
Default 911S -76 Webers spitting and choking

I've just got my engine back into my car after having done a complete rebuild. The car was bought in pieces and I've built the engine back up starting from the two engine halves and a heap of boxes...

Now that I've managed to get the engine running I cannot seem to get at least a decent setting on the Weber IDA 40s that gives a resonably stable ide and a good running engine above idle. The idle will vary between 700-1500 and when pushing the throttle it will pop and spit on the intake side with the occasional backfire.

The engine is a 2.7 (CIS originally) converted to carbs and MSD box. I've not changed anything in the carbs, just taken them apart for a good clean with new seals.

I've set the ignition to the 5deg setting as it saying in the manual and on the engine sticker at 900rpm.

When looking at the spark plugs I get cylinders 1,3,4 and 6 black indicating rich and plugs 2 and 5 completely clean (like new!). Does this mean cylinder 2 and 5 is not getting fuel at all?

I know the pressure regulator is broken and gives 4PSI as opposed to the intended 3.5PSI and there is a new one coming in the mail. Is this additional 0.5PSI enough to cause the rich running on the cylinders running?

Any feedback is welcome!

2.7 with Weber 40 IDA and MSD box

Running rich I guess?!

Spark plug looking like new with no deposits of any color at all

Quick Reply: 911S -76 Webers spitting and choking