Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

best aftermarket window crank?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 12:28 AM
bergx7
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts
Default best aftermarket window crank?

The **** on the chintzy OEM window cranks in my 1979 SC is splitting and the ebay one that I just sourced has an even worse **** made out of flimsy rubber that flexes when you grab it to open/close the window (how is it possible that aftermarket manufacturers get it so wrong....)

Does anyone have a good aftermarket window crank option in aluminum with a real bearing or bushing connecting the **** that wont need to be replaced every year?

i am thinking of something anodized aluminum, like the below (which I don't think has correct spline count to fit)

TIA for any ideas!
Old 10-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by bergx7
The **** on the chintzy OEM window cranks in my 1979 SC is splitting and the ebay one that I just sourced has an even worse **** made out of flimsy rubber that flexes when you grab it to open/close the window (how is it possible that aftermarket manufacturers get it so wrong....)

Does anyone have a good aftermarket window crank option in aluminum with a real bearing or bushing connecting the **** that wont need to be replaced every year?

i am thinking of something anodized aluminum, like the below (which I don't think has correct spline count to fit)

TIA for any ideas!
Try going to GOWESTY and look at their VW window cranks.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:08 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

3D print from a stock one?

I like the looks of the ones posted

decades ago, Villem B. Haan made something similar...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: best aftermarket window crank?