Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Price/Sanity check

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Stef I am just outside Philly and am thinking about selling my 87 targa. Email me if you're interested.
Old 12-06-2003, 12:01 AM
John Perry
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stef, I'm in the same situation. I want a Porsche before I hit 40 too

Like LongLiveThe3.2 said, prices for 911s here in the Northeast are higher then a comparable 911 in CA. If you look long enough, you'll find the right one at the right price tho'.

I'm probably not going to be ready to buy until next year, but I've been doing some research for about the past year or so.

I've got some Porsche forsale link (some are northeast specific) here:

http://www.john-perry.com/porsche/index.html
Old 12-06-2003, 12:31 AM
stefang
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Paul, personally I think the price is too high, > $20k is a lot for an '85. The problem is that you can get into a 964 for that kind of money. Ofcourse you may not want to and your car is fairly unique. The tricky thing is you need to find a buyer looking for that. Good luck.

Tom, thanks for the west coast links. Added them to my list.

John. thanks for the east coast links. I've seen to most of them. Richard Sloan Cars is interesting. Not really what I'm looking for, but fun to browse. Should be renamed garagequeen.com.

BTW - I don't know what you're looking for, but just in case you trip over that '90 C2 at european locators do a search on 3.8 on the 964 board first...

My "hard" deadline for finding a car is May 24th, so I'm not in too much of a hurry, but it sure would be nice to have one for spring.

Stef
Old 12-06-2003, 12:53 AM
John Perry
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by stefang

John. thanks for the east coast links. I've seen to most of them. Richard Sloan Cars is interesting. Not really what I'm looking for, but fun to browse. Should be renamed garagequeen.com.

BTW - I don't know what you're looking for, but just in case you trip over that '90 C2 at european locators do a search on 3.8 on the 964 board first...

My "hard" deadline for finding a car is May 24th, so I'm not in too much of a hurry, but it sure would be nice to have one for spring.
You're Welcome. Figured you'd have a few of the links already bookmarked, but my mom always told me to share

Sloan's cars are interesting, I've got the site linked more for daydreaming then actually purchasing.

I really haven't decided what I'll be looking for, but have it narrowed down to the usual suspects. 87-89 Carrera, 72-73 911T (or E), with the SC's and 84-86 Carreras rounding out the candidates.

I've got to make some room first in the garage, before I get serious, but I plan on driving a few of the above before I make a descion on what my final target will be.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look. I paid $17K for my 86 cab with only 64000 miles on it and body in perfect condition, original shiny paint. No rebuilds. Brand new top and new 7s and 9s Fuchs.

Tell the owner to take a hike and keep looking. You will find a much better car for $18.9k
Old 12-06-2003, 05:55 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am on the hunt, with a similar deadline as Stef.

My advantage is that while I am located in Toronto (frozen Northland with minimal available Porsches), I travel extensively in the entire Southeast, so I can view cars easily. And the northeast is within driving range for serious viewing. When I find 'mine' I will then have to ship or drive it home & deal with the border costs/issues.

So far, the dealers selling Porsches I have visited are useless. They know nothing of the condition, POs or even the current mechanical status of cars on their lots. So, you might be a lot better off to skip the dealers (or just use them for test drives) and buy from an owner.

As for pricing, I have extensive research (eBay sales since Feb 03) etc, on an Excel file. If anybody wants it, PM me. Or I can just send you a simple graph (jpg) of current selling prices.

Ian
Old 12-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may have to sell my beloved 1981 911SC Coupe. This is not a car for the person looking for a daily driver or a track car. It is in stunning condition, one of the nicest SCs in the country. The color is Hellblau metallic (Light Blue metallic) which is very rare and, IMO and the opinion of virtually everyone who sees it, absolutely gorgeous. The interior is navy blue leather (the headliner is matching navy) with Sport seats. It is a consistent local PCA concours trophy winner, completely original and stock except for a Carrera valence and tail. It has 68,000 miles. I am the third owner, and I've owned it since 5/94 and 39,000 miles. The original owner owned it until late '92 or early '93. It looks and feels like a virtually new 911SC.

Since it is such an exceptional car, I want considerably more money for it than many people would say is reasonable with the down market, etc.: $18,000 for rennlisters. This is in line with Bruce Anderson's values, FWIW. If I advertise it, I'll ask $20,000. This may sound very high for an SC, but this is an SC unlike any you are likely to see. I am not in a hurry to sell (I really love the car), so I can wait for the person who wants a car like this and will pay the premium for it. If anyone is interested, PM or email me, or call me at (516) 662-4544.

Happy hunting to everyone.

Quick Reply: Price/Sanity check