Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Car Chemistry exaust inserts

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 08:30 PM
Dave Inc.
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcat077
For what it's worth , i removed the CC inserts ... they do quiet down the droning , but then again for around town i can live with the noise.
Should i decide to go for a long drive , they're easy to reinstall.

Dave , you say you want to put them upstream of the Muffler ?
Mine are installed after the muffler, going to the tail pipes ... no drilling , they fit nice and tight and can't come out the end because of the bend in the tail pipes, maybe it's just a Fabspeed fluke but it works for me !

Cheers
Phil
Ahhh okay, mine are straight shots so I figured they would vibrate out if I didn't get a set screw to them, I really wouldn't want them upstream. The only chore with mine is the drone at city speeds can get in the way of conversation.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:16 PM
Liongolfer
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
A few years. And drone is not too bad. I have RarlyL8 headers w/heat and M&K 2 in - 2 out mufflers. I did note that adding the inserts seemed to move torque to a lower rpm by my seat-of-the-pants dyno and noticeably decreased the sound.
Thanks.

When you say sound has decreased, you mean internal cabin drone and not external exhaust level?

How did you secure the inserts? If I do get these, I'm also planning to inserts them into the tailpipes to avoid any "invasive" installation and removal of exhaust components.

Thanks again.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:04 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Inc.
Can I ask how you handled the installation? I had my 2-in-2-out dansk ceramic coated so I'm loathe to drill set screws into the tips to hold the inserts, unfortunately I don't have space in the SSIs to put them upstream of the muffler.
I used set screws. I drilled holes on the bottom of the tail pipes so they are not viable unless you are laying down under the bottom of of the car.

Quick Reply: Car Chemistry exaust inserts