Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb
View Poll Results: Which do you like better:
GT Silver with Red Top
43.44%
Python Green with Yellow Stitching
56.56%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Contemplating a Python Green Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 08:24 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
My 981 Spyder was Agate and I thought it looked fantastic on that car. I would have specced it in a heartbeat on my GT4 if it was available for a reasonable price. It has a lovely brown hue underneath that comes out in the sun.

Looks great! Yes, I think the brownish hue would be a good match to espresso leather, brown top, and aurum wheels.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:49 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 458 Posts

Here's my latest attempt at rendering a Python Green 718 Spyder, based on what others here have reported as accurate looking photos. I based it off a racing yellow photo, so the reflectivity of the paint and the way it shows curves should be similar.

The following users liked this post:
DFW01TT (08-02-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 11:07 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wizee
Here's my latest attempt at rendering a Python Green 718 Spyder, based on what others here have reported as accurate looking photos. I based it off a racing yellow photo, so the reflectivity of the paint and the way it shows curves should be similar.

That is the hottest Boxster I’ve ever seen, and with the silver wheels too. Wow...
Old 07-31-2020, 11:25 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,481 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Green and yellow don't work for me. Nor does green and red.
Would almost need the black brake calipers to avoid looking like a clown car.

I agree....I spec the black caliper and if Lizard doesn't work will default to silver.....
Old 08-01-2020, 12:21 AM
wizee
Rennlist Member

...and here's an attempted mock-up of a Python Green front:

Old 08-01-2020, 10:47 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,718 Likes on 2,746 Posts

...and here's an attempted mock-up of a Python Green front:
It's a good thing that Python Green was not available when I ordered my Spyder, the wife would have killed me...
Old 08-01-2020, 03:13 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

I went to my dealer today, checked out a Python Green colour sample. In real life, it’s not remotely washed out looking. It’s close to my mockups above, perhaps a touch darker. Photos where it looks washed out or bluish are completely wrong. It’s a bold green, not bluish, but not really yellowish either. It’s substantially darker than lizard green.

Do I want it? Still undecided. They had a Miami Blue 718 Spyder pending delivery to a customer, and it was gorgeous. They had a GT Silver GT4 too near it, and it was pretty too, albeit not as bold. I’m still torn... the GT Silver with red top is more conventionally pretty, and much easier to photograph accurately, by the green would be bold and unusual.
DFW01TT (08-02-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 03:18 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I went to my dealer today, checked out a Python Green colour sample. In real life, it’s not remotely washed out looking. It’s close to my mockups above, perhaps a touch darker. Photos where it looks washed out or bluish are completely wrong. It’s a bold green, not bluish, but not really yellowish either. It’s substantially darker than lizard green.

Do I want it? Still undecided. They had a Miami Blue 718 Spyder pending delivery to a customer, and it was gorgeous. They had a GT Silver GT4 too near it, and it was pretty too, albeit not as bold. I’m still torn... the GT Silver with red top is more conventionally pretty, and much easier to photograph accurately, by the green would be bold and unusual.
If PG looks anything close to your renderings, doesn't wash out, and is significantly darker than Lizard, then you will regret not going with it and with silver wheels too. Those rendered pics look stunning. Just IMO.
wizee (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 04:08 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

I made a Miami Blue mockup with the same shot, and slightly adjusted the Python Green mockup based on the paint sample I saw today. I thought the Miami Blue Spyder looked great in person, and comparing the two images back to back, I like the Python Green one even better. I think I'll do Python Green

Last edited by wizee; 08-02-2020 at 12:56 AM. Reason: less yellow in python green
The following 2 users liked this post by wizee:
DFW01TT (08-02-2020), Nate Johnson (02-03-2021)
Old 08-01-2020, 05:04 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Interior idea to go with it (PMTUZ8G3 in US configurator, since Canadian configurator hasn't been updated yet) - Lizard Green belts, stitching, and CXX door pulls, and Python Green painted trim:

The following 2 users liked this post by wizee:
DFW01TT (08-02-2020), JSF101 (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 05:17 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

That looks great though I’d be careful putting Lizard near Python as the mismatch may not look good. What about Mamba stitching and black belts? Why does my configurator show this as your interior? Can’t make it to show PG interior nor any color stitching other than the standard ones on offer:

Old 08-01-2020, 05:28 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
That looks great though I’d be careful putting Lizard near Python as the mismatch may not look good. What about Mamba stitching and black belts? Why does my configurator show this as your interior? Can’t make it to show PG interior nor any color stitching other than the standard ones on offer:

I manually photoshopped it because the configurator shows the Python Green painted trim completely wrong, and can’t render non-standard deviated stitching.

I’m debating between mamba and lizard stitching. Lizard allows having matching belts and door pulls (via CXX). Mamba stitching would be closer to Python, but mamba belts and door pulls are unavailable.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:46 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I manually photoshopped it because the configurator shows the Python Green painted trim completely wrong, and can’t render non-standard deviated stitching.

I’m debating between mamba and lizard stitching. Lizard allows having matching belts and door pulls (via CXX). Mamba stitching would be closer to Python, but mamba belts and door pulls are unavailable.
Ah, you've done your photoshop magic to it. I was worried my laptop(s) were all broken.

I think Lizard interior would clash with PG even if there's no PG in the interior, and definitely if there is. Mamba stitching would be my choice, with or without PG interior trim, and everything else (belts, pulls) kept black. Contact pieces like that would be easier to keep looking clean as black anyway. Another option would be silver stitching, belts, and pulls with PG interior trim, the former connecting with the silver wheels and the latter with the PG exterior paint.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:51 PM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Ah, you've done your photoshop magic to it. I was worried my laptop(s) were all broken.

I think Lizard interior would clash with PG even if there's no PG in the interior, and definitely if there is. Mamba stitching would be my choice, with or without PG interior trim, and everything else (belts, pulls) kept black. Contact pieces like that would be easier to keep looking clean as black anyway. Another option would be silver stitching, belts, and pulls with PG interior trim, the former connecting with the silver wheels and the latter with the PG exterior paint.
Good point on bright touch points getting dirty/discoloured. Perhaps black door pulls and seat belts are better then. Saves some money too. That would allow mamba stitching and Python Green trim to work.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:32 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,481 Likes on 921 Posts

I went to the dealer today and took a couple of photos of the paint sample for python, lizard and mamba. Also took the sample of PG and place it on the interior of a lizard green GT3RS.

If you keep the lizard to a minimum on the interior it will look good....the stitching is a non-issue. The belts worried me but after looking at it it's not bad at all...I have seen other color combos with mismatched interior/exterior colors and this one is Ok with me.
The silver interior of course is cheaper and classy looking...can't go wrong with that.
You don't need to spec lizard green door pulls via CXX....just buy them from your dealer for the GT3RS

Mamba stitching will be very dark and you wont be able to do via CXX seat belts and the door straps.

Here you have some pics...they are not the best due to the lighting but you can get an idea of the change in hue over those 2 greens.

Here you have Mamba green, Python green and Lizard Green next to a sample of Sport Tex with Lizard Green Stitching.

Python green sample against the lizard green seat belts of a GT3RS

The following 4 users liked this post by jmartpr:
Cartod (02-24-2023), d675pdx (09-02-2021), khooni (02-14-2021), wizee (08-01-2020)

Quick Reply: Contemplating a Python Green Spyder