Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Shark Blue Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 12:59 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,524 Likes on 2,657 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Shark vs Voodoo...lifted from the 992 GT3 forum.

Enjoy!

Feel sorry for all the PTS Voodoo Blue owners always explaining “No this is Voodoo...not Shark”

Wow so close and now with Shark Blue available as a 'Special' colour hence much more likely to be chosen it will be everywhere, almost common place!

Still had it been listed along side Chalk when I was configuring my 2020 Spyder I could very well have ended up with a much different look then I have now...
The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (06-29-2022)
Old 04-28-2021, 12:26 PM
DocMo
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Porsche did something similar with Chalk/Crayon right after they unlocked Sport Classic Grey. I ordered PTS SCG before they debuted Chalk/Crayon. Had I known, I would have chose a different color. I'm sure this applies for Voodoo buyers today. It's kind of lame of Porsche. People select PTS to have something rare... then Porsche sucks the rareness away... I was kinda pissed... and I would be too if I forked out PTS money for Voodoo.
I fully understand the want for a special car (color especially, options, wheels, interior). In the meantime, I feel we’re making it too easy for Porsche to rip us off. ~ $13’000 for a special color. Common!!! Those who want a special/unique color, just get the free black option from Porsche and go to the best paint shop in your country ans make it truly special for half the price you have to pay Porsche...and yes I don’t care about resale value
Old 04-28-2021, 12:32 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,524 Likes on 2,657 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMo
I fully understand the want for a special car (color especially, options, wheels, interior). In the meantime, I feel we’re making it too easy for Porsche to rip us off. ~ $13’000 for a special color. Common!!! Those who want a special/unique color, just get the free black option from Porsche and go to the best paint shop in your country ans make it truly special for half the price you have to pay Porsche...and yes I don’t care about resale value
It's this, Porsche makes it available but people with very deep pockets don't care, they continue to check the box and carry on... clever plan, 4 base colours and the it is all up hill (financially) from there!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:03 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNSI52W9

Here is my build so far. If I went with my original color, CWM, then I would have definitely done the painted interior trim. However, I’ve been hesitant about doing shark blue painted interior trim. So my current selection is black brushed aluminum trim. Thoughts on the interior trim in shark blue? I know the configurator doesn’t do it much justice. Also, I have the black/silver 911R inserts from Classic FX ready to go at home when the car arrives in Sept. So, I’ve got several different materials already going on in the interior, which is another reason I went with the more muted black brushed aluminum. Any input appreciated on the trim or build in general!

-Matt
Old 05-18-2021, 10:36 PM
///Pip
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FourFourTwo

Here is my build so far. If I went with my original color, CWM, then I would have definitely done the painted interior trim. However, I’ve been hesitant about doing shark blue painted interior trim. So my current selection is black brushed aluminum trim. Thoughts on the interior trim in shark blue? I know the configurator doesn’t do it much justice. Also, I have the black/silver 911R inserts from Classic FX ready to go at home when the car arrives in Sept. So, I’ve got several different materials already going on in the interior, which is another reason I went with the more muted black brushed aluminum. Any input appreciated on the trim or build in general!

-Matt
My suggestion

Leather trim if you're getting the standard seats
Carbon trim if you're getting the carbon buckets option

The following 2 users liked this post by ///Pip:
mp2day (08-11-2021), sonicworld (05-18-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 12:12 AM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 97 Posts

why the surprise? Porsche has been ***** nilly with colors and how much they cost for many years
in one year a color will be metallic option for $500, $600 or whatever the upcharge for metallic colors in that particular year
the next year that color will move to "special colors" and the pricing will be whatever special colors cost for that year ($2500, $2800, $3000 etc)
GT Silver is one specific example, there are many more
in some cases, a color could be the lower priced option in one model, say 911s, and a higher priced option in a different model, say SUVs or Panameras

I thought the introduction of special colors was Porsche's ploy to dampen the enthusiasm for all things PTS, along with a significant price increase

Donavan, you just "lucked out" when they chose chalk as one of those colors
and the list goes on Lizard Green vs Green Yellow, Python Green vs Viper Green, Miami Blue vs Mexico, Blue, Shark Blue vs Voodoo Blue, Lava Orange vs Tangerine?
who can forget the special Signal Green and Arena Red GT3s?

Eduardo started all of this with his lengthy threads about PTS colors and historical colors on the IROC Porsches
if you search, he predicted a significant price increase in PTS back when it was a $5500 option
and then PCA Rennbow and Rare Shades and everything else fueled the frenzy

they could have had lessened the PTS "want" if they dropped all of those colors at once
but it's all money in the bank, why should they give up a big profit center?

imagine a sports car color palette with
4 free colors White/Black/Red/Yellow
5 metallic red/blue/silver/gray/green
9 special colors 2 blues/2 greens/yellow/orange/purple/gray/brown

there's no reason to be upset, it's pay to play
Originally Posted by n4v4nod
then Porsche sucks the rareness away... I was kinda pissed... and I would be too if I forked out PTS money for Voodoo.
The following users liked this post:
jaspercasidino (11-14-2021)
Old 05-19-2021, 12:16 AM
Guaji
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by FourFourTwo

-Matt
My build is similar to yours. I keep going back and forth on the silver wheels or the satin platinum wheels. At the moment I chose silver, but…… 🙄

Edit: wheel color change to platinum and Porsche logo in black.

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...bcode=PN8D8QU3

Last edited by Guaji; 05-19-2021 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added build
Old 05-19-2021, 12:38 AM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 691 Likes on 298 Posts

oh here's my build supposed to be here in September, I originally was told November so that is extremely exciting!
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PNENRYS6

doing the extended stitching in speed blue which doesn't show up on the configurator but I am certain it will look awesome
Old 05-20-2021, 05:27 PM
sonystyle02
Advanced

Received 189 Likes on 48 Posts

Joining the P Club for the first time soon (but not soon enough &#128517. Sept delivery.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:25 PM
Brian4300
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Wheel color

First post here...just got word I received an August build and I am leaning towards Shark Blue. What are your thought on wheel color, is satin black the choice or silver?
Old 05-20-2021, 08:54 PM
sonystyle02
Advanced

Received 189 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian4300
First post here...just got word I received an August build and I am leaning towards Shark Blue. What are your thought on wheel color, is satin black the choice or silver?
I’ve always been a fan of gray/silver on blue. It’s a nice contrast.

I usually steer away from black since it’s hard to see the wheel design. A light colored caliper behind it helps a bit.

I’m going with the standard wheels and plan to go aftermarket shortly after. I think the BBS FI-Rs in silver/gunmetal would be a good match.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:02 PM
FourFourTwo
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts

I’ve had black wheels on several cars, so I’m kind of over black. Plus pics I’ve seen on Instagram of different PTS blues of 991 GT3s with silver wheels look great. For example, google image search Arrow blue Porsche. I really the contrast of the silver against the bold blue colors. Spyder configurator pics of shark blue with silver wheels look sharp. Silver wheels on shark blue GT4 will be unique and look nice too. If you want the most aggressive look, then maybe black works better with Spyder or GT4.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:03 PM
jcs_911
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm thinking silver. I think it works really well with Shark Blue.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:04 PM
Brian4300
Intermediate

Yeah that’s what I’m worried about. I have a silver 958 GTS with black wheels and a black winter set. I like the look but a garage full of black rims not sure about that. I do like the shine silver ads but would like to see the stock ones live against SB.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:15 PM
Brian4300
Intermediate

Any body have the aluminum pedals? Do they get slippery if wet?

Quick Reply: The Official Shark Blue Color Thread