Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

I got a GT4RS allocation! But...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2024, 10:59 AM
MeasureTwice
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW, I ran the numbers and took the risk of doing a private sale via BaT to net more than the loss of the sales tax credit. Dealer bids on BaT for my GT3 were 8-10% less than what the car sold for so I came out in the green. Very happy with my BaT experience.
Old 07-07-2024, 01:27 PM
s182
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepin'gt
I never knew you can get a check back for trade in and still get the trade tax credit, for me it’s always been the dealer has to keep the money to apply as trade credit for next car.
My dealer was very clear that it wasn't possible to get a check back on trade in if I wanted sales tax credit. They said the state of WA would consider it separate transaction from the purchase and so would not work for tax savings. I ended up selling privately for more than what they were offering for trade-in + sale tax value.
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 04:44 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 912 Likes on 364 Posts

In Texas I pre-traded my base 718 in Feb of 2022, was paid out my equity via check a few weeks later, and still had the sales tax credit applied in October when the car arrived. I put the equity in a HYSA and used it towards the down payment in October.

Originally Posted by s182
My dealer was very clear that it wasn't possible to get a check back on trade in if I wanted sales tax credit. They said the state of WA would consider it separate transaction from the purchase and so would not work for tax savings. I ended up selling privately for more than what they were offering for trade-in + sale tax value.
Old 07-07-2024, 06:14 PM
s182
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
In Texas I pre-traded my base 718 in Feb of 2022, was paid out my equity via check a few weeks later, and still had the sales tax credit applied in October when the car arrived. I put the equity in a HYSA and used it towards the down payment in October.
That's cool they worked with you on it. I was thinking my local dealer would have done same, and when he didn't I had talked to a friend who used to work in a dealership in Texas. That friend also said that his dealership was same as my local dealer - can't cut check at time of trade in or it'd be two transactions. I'm guessing its pretty dealer dependent and either not a state wide requirement or maybe just one that isn't strictly enforced.
Old 07-08-2024, 01:24 PM
Xec
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 57 Posts

Also TX, I pre-traded my GT3 in May and was paid out a few weeks later as well. The tax credit will be applied to my incoming 4RS

Quick Reply: I got a GT4RS allocation! But...