Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 Porsche Connect Subscription - Any reason to have it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 02:45 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 966 Likes on 645 Posts
Default GT4 Porsche Connect Subscription - Any reason to have it?

Just bought a 2021 GT4. The car has the Nav with Porsche Connect option. Is there any reason to sign up/pay for Porsche Connect on this car? Does not seem like it does much?

Thanks
Nick.
Old 06-15-2024, 03:34 PM
Eric5280
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Just bought a 2021 GT4. The car has the Nav with Porsche Connect option. Is there any reason to sign up/pay for Porsche Connect on this car? Does not seem like it does much?

Thanks
Nick.
No. I just got my 4RS and was disappointed with the 718 "connect" vs my 992 gt3. It's a pain and does nothing unless I am missing something. 992 was great and easy.
Old 06-17-2024, 12:17 AM
Arcades
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu

Thanks
Nick.
The only reason why I set it up is because I want to see my car on my phone. That is about the only reason. It shows you what you can see in your car, on your phone but the 718 cars w/o Entry and Drive lack any real interaction through phone. Gas mileage, tire psi, total miles. For 718 and the Macan, it is as basic as it gets.

You have the thing for an entire year before you have to pay. There are a few tiers, though the biggest one is just car tracking. Porsche track your car in case it is stolen but it is based on a module in the car itself. How do I know this? Well, whatever module this is, can malfunction and stop sending data to your phone, so things would stop updating. Then you would need to replace this module. Ask me how I know.

It is also a bit of a process to setup too. Your dealer has to be the one to set it up after you go through the process on a website. It is a whole thing.
Old 06-17-2024, 12:18 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

I find it essentially useless, when it works.

Quick Reply: GT4 Porsche Connect Subscription - Any reason to have it?