Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

4 years of ownership

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2024, 10:08 AM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Received 508 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by VVG
In a few weeks, I will be at 4 years of ownership with my Spyder. It is time for a major service. I am wondering what other owners consider as essential for a 4 year service vs optional. My car has just under 14000 miles. For instance, do I need to really need to change spark plugs at 4 years if only 14000 miles? Does brake fluid really need to be changed if it is reading low moisture with a brake fluid tester, etc, etc.

Thanks.
You didn’t change the brake fluid at the two-year mark? It’s standard operating procedure to change it every two years, regardless of mileage and regardless of test results.

I will not comment much on the spark plugs since that has been well discussed here and elsewhere. It’s a matter of personal preference of following manufacturer recommendation versus real-world practicality. I never argue with a manufacturer because I might need the manufacturer to back me up in a warranty or even a non-warranty situation, and the first thing they do is determine if the owner followed their service schedule. Porsche offers Porsche-backed warranty for years 5-12, and since I have purchased that plan on other Porsches, I do the maintenance according to the schedule so the warranty coverage will be there for me if the engine decides to blow up.
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (06-07-2024)

Quick Reply: 4 years of ownership