Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

SilverRocket GT4RS Products& Prototypes (Input needed))

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 01:47 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 617 Likes on 235 Posts

Saw these in person this past weekend... These look fantastic!

I would definitely (read 100%) order a set of these if they fit the standard GT4 and were more or less at the same height as the factory GT4RS wing... Any chance you might make a version (or two - with OE and OE+3" heights) for the GT4 chassis?

Old 06-05-2024, 01:49 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,740 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyNSX

I would definitely (read 100%) order a set of these if they fit the standard GT4 and were more or less at the same height as the factory GT4RS wing... Any chance you might make a version (or two - with OE and OE+3" heights) for the GT4 chassis?
Have you seen the carbon fiber ones by chance?
Old 06-05-2024, 01:51 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Have you seen the carbon fiber ones by chance?
These were the carbon fiber ones
Old 06-05-2024, 01:53 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

These were the carbon fiber ones
Oh really? I zoomed in and I thought they were solid black.... Thanks for confirming!
The following users liked this post:
BabyNSX (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 09:52 PM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tay101
Hi Jia,

I would be interested in a full replacement front lip/splitter for the 718 GT4 with rub strips or pucks. I have the GT4RS front splitter but have been hesitant to install it because the GT4RS logo molded in the front.

I am also not a fan of adding a splitter on the stock splitter. I much prefer a full replacement of the stock splitter if that makes sense.
Suggestions well received, front splitter is on our product pipeline, estimated release time is Q4 2024.

Follow us on Instagram: silverocket718 to stay updated on latest SR products in development.

Tay101 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 10:03 PM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We are making the SR carbon fiber wing risers&Wings fit all 718/981 GT4s in a different way: a Dry carbon fiber Hatch (with lightweight hardcoating PC glass). It makes the entire top rear end full carbon fiber and saves around 18lbs from OE sets.(Hatch+Riser+Wing).

Old 06-05-2024, 10:07 PM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Oh really? I zoomed in and I thought they were solid black.... Thanks for confirming!
The angle of photos and lighting will show different textures. Below are more detail photos for our CF Wing risers:

mrd_spy (06-10-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 12:53 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kimbleli
We are making the SR carbon fiber wing risers&Wings fit all 718/981 GT4s in a different way: a Dry carbon fiber Hatch (with lightweight hardcoating PC glass). It makes the entire top rear end full carbon fiber and saves around 18lbs from OE sets.(Hatch+Riser+Wing).
A Dry Carbon Hatch sounds fantastic; however, how about simply making risers for the GT4 as you did for the GT4RS? Plenty of GT4 owners wanting to rock the RS wing with very few companies stepping up to the plate to fill this gap (I'm very pleased with my Automotive Passion risers and wing however a CF riser option would be fantastic). CF risers for the GT4 at both OE and +3" height that support the OE RS wing would sell. I know a few people already who would line get in line for these. The thread title says "input needed" that is my input
Old 06-11-2024, 09:47 PM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A Dry Carbon Hatch sounds fantastic; however, how about simply making risers for the GT4 as you did for the GT4RS? Plenty of GT4 owners wanting to rock the RS wing with very few companies stepping up to the plate to fill this gap (I'm very pleased with my Automotive Passion risers and wing however a CF riser option would be fantastic). CF risers for the GT4 at both OE and +3" height that support the OE RS wing would sell. I know a few people already who would line get in line for these. The thread title says "input needed" that is my input
Copy. suggestions well documented. Thanks for your valuable inputs. Will discuss them with design and manufacting team.
Old 07-10-2024, 01:11 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Just saw these. Any additional input? Weight? Materials? Back only?
https://silverrocket.co/products/sr-...981-718-gt4-rs

Last edited by Ksdaoski; 07-10-2024 at 01:12 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:18 AM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just saw these. Any additional input? Weight? Materials? Back only?
https://silverrocket.co/products/sr-...981-718-gt4-rs
We have been extensively testing and upgrading our seat kit product recently, especially during the hot summer months. We have just developed a new version, Version 10.0, of this seat kit. Unlike previous versions which had a single level of softness, this new version consists of two distinct levels of softness within a single piece. Specifically, we have designed the top 30% of the surface that contacts the driver's back to be very soft, providing a comfortable "wrapping" feel. The remaining 70% of the surface at the rear is stiffer, intended to offer excellent lumbar support.

After driving with this new Version 10.0 for the past 2 weeks, we can confidently say that it is the best iteration of our seat kit that we have ever produced. We are eager to update our website with information about this improved V10 version in the very near future.

Quick Reply: SilverRocket GT4RS Products& Prototypes (Input needed))