Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Research Sharing: GT4RS PCCB & Mag Rim Weight Saving Comparison Chart.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 11:44 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

I’ve used PCCBs and iron rotors on the same car/same day at Mid-Ohio. I found no appreciable difference. However, PCCBs do result in cleaner wheels. A pro may well be a different story. Just my 2 cents which will stay in my pocket.🤣
The following users liked this post:
GrantG (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 01:41 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,340 Likes on 705 Posts

Everyone has their cutoff. I’ve always had iron brakes on my GT cars because I track them.

My SRS won’t be tracked regularly and it’s all about being lightweight, so PCCBs on my incoming SRS.

But I couldn’t stomach mag wheels particularly as my ADM is a percentage of total cost of the car, and I can always get some later aftermarket if I choose to.
Old 06-08-2024, 02:11 AM
Dorian C
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Everyone has their cutoff. I’ve always had iron brakes on my GT cars because I track them.

My SRS won’t be tracked regularly and it’s all about being lightweight, so PCCBs on my incoming SRS.

But I couldn’t stomach mag wheels particularly as my ADM is a percentage of total cost of the car, and I can always get some later aftermarket if I choose to.
You did the right thing. The mag wheels don't fit the 4RS. All mag wheels will eventually get scratched up due to lack of clearance.

Quick Reply: Research Sharing: GT4RS PCCB & Mag Rim Weight Saving Comparison Chart.