Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

My first Porsche build

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 12:25 AM
boss2k
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Such a strange post.

IIRC you got one and then cancelled it after it was en route to the dealer because these cars have no value.

What happened to the Camaro, return it to Hertz?

This isn’t an airport….lol.
The camaro will screw your porsche any day and shatter your bloated porsche ego lol ... according to you no cars has any value other than your porsche ... take a walk dude
Old 04-03-2024, 12:27 AM
boss2k
Pro

Originally Posted by Xxyion
i think its pretty likely he will get an allocation. I placed an order for a Boxster GTS in Jan and received an allocation in March. While they are starting to be scarce, since he is next in line, as long as his dealership isnt shady with how they do their waitlist, i see him getting an allocation in the next quarter. The car is supposed to be produced for at least another year so its not like allocations are all dried up. And i think a lot of people like you might be thinking that way which in a way is allowing the rest of us to get allocations. There are at least 4 other people who have just received allocations along side me for July delivery.
No i canceled my deposits because these cars are not worth the price lol .
Old 04-03-2024, 02:29 AM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
You are of course entirely entitled to your opinion, I for one agree that these cars have gotten very expensive, paying 115k for a Boxster, but if you feel this way and clearly think negatively of the brand, what are you still doing on the forums?
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 08:08 AM
ChattStringer
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

My SA mentioned mid April for next allocation list. He is optimistic that I will get an allocation. It’s a fairly high volume dealership so hopefully it will happen.
Mike981S (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 11:41 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,866 Likes on 2,183 Posts

Originally Posted by ChattStringer
My SA mentioned mid April for next allocation list. He is optimistic that I will get an allocation. It’s a fairly high volume dealership so hopefully it will happen.
Disregard the troll, allocations are out there and if you put in the effort you'll get one.

Keep working with your SA...
The following 3 users liked this post by TXshaggy:
ChattStringer (04-03-2024), Mike981S (04-03-2024), PawpaBare (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 11:46 AM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChattStringer
I got mine last week for a July delivery, and the dealer had two, the july and an august spot. and at msrp.
ChattStringer (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 01:20 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

i mean thats purely subjective and your opinion. You seem to have had a very bad experience with yours which is probably making you think that way. I personally think BMWs are not worth the price anymore. I currently have a G82 M4C and it will probably be the last BMW i ever own even after being a long time BMW fan.

Personally for me Porsche have been the best bang for the buck car i've bought. But thats because Porsche makes one of the few cars that are actually desirable to me, and then throw in the fact that a lot of them tend to hold their value quite well over the years, well now you have a package that really sells itself.

I am curious what happened to you to make you seem so angry at Porsche, the last time i saw you on this forum i remember you being excited for your incoming car, but that was also over a year ago.
Mike981S (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 01:28 PM
boss2k
Pro

Originally Posted by Phillip Berk
what are you still doing on the forums?
Whats your problem? I am free to go to any forum i like
Old 04-03-2024, 01:33 PM
boss2k
Pro

Originally Posted by Xxyion
i mean thats purely subjective and your opinion. You seem to have had a very bad experience with yours which is probably making you think that way. I personally think BMWs are not worth the price anymore. I currently have a G82 M4C and it will probably be the last BMW i ever own even after being a long time BMW fan.

Personally for me Porsche have been the best bang for the buck car i've bought. But thats because Porsche makes one of the few cars that are actually desirable to me, and then throw in the fact that a lot of them tend to hold their value quite well over the years, well now you have a package that really sells itself.

I am curious what happened to you to make you seem so angry at Porsche, the last time i saw you on this forum i remember you being excited for your incoming car, but that was also over a year ago.
To each his own , i was excited to own a Porsche but this whole process , waiting game and ADM made the cars very expensive and lost interest.

They are great cars but not worth north of 100K+ cars is my 2 cents. If they were in 80-90'K range i would have definitely got it.

Plus the bloated ego of Porsche owners pisses me off , i see lot of egoistic person in this forum which i dont see in other car forums, have owned lot of cars

Last edited by boss2k; 04-03-2024 at 01:35 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by boss2k:
GTSPYDER23 (04-03-2024), Xxyion (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 01:34 PM
Phillip Berk
Rennlist Member

Whats your problem? I am free to go to any forum i like
none at all, just figure if you think so negatively about the brand/ car, why go to the forum and be negative on someone else's post who clearly is being hopeful that he will get one. just seems a little tasteless wouldn't you say?
Mike981S (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 01:43 PM
GTSPYDER23
Racer

Received 229 Likes on 123 Posts

To each his own , i was excited to own a Porsche but this whole process , waiting game and ADM made the cars very expensive and lost interest.

They are great cars but not worth north of 100K+ cars is my 2 cents. If they were in 80-90'K range i would have definitely got it.

Plus the bloated ego of Porsche owners pisses me off , i see lot of egoistic person in this forum which i dont see in other car forums, have owned lot of cars
Yep, lots of egos. I think that it comes with the territory of buying such cars... Anyway, there are also a lot of nice folks here that also provide valuable insight and advice.
slilley (04-04-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 01:48 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,540 Likes on 859 Posts

Yeah i can see that. The ADM thing as well almost completely turned me off to the whole brand as well when i was looking for a GT4. Still ended up being worth it for me even after i had to give up my GT4 due to it being a lemon, but i also strongly believe that very few people would come right back and buy another Porsche after their first one was a lemon straight from the factory.

I think the ego thing i honestly see in a lot of other car forums ive been in, i think its mostly because there are just less Porsche owners compared to a lot of other more common/cheaper cars and so sometimes the few with the ego seem to stand out more. But i've met my fair share of ego in everything from the S2k forums to the Ford forums and BMW forums. I just feel like with a more common platform, those people tend to get drowned out easier.

But anyways, hope you enjoy that Z4, i had a Supra a few years ago that i absolutely loved. Fantastic car.
boss2k (04-03-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 05:13 PM
boss2k
Pro

Originally Posted by Phillip Berk
none at all, just figure if you think so negatively about the brand/ car, why go to the forum and be negative on someone else's post who clearly is being hopeful that he will get one. just seems a little tasteless wouldn't you say?
We are not kids that someone gets discouraged with someone's comment, i am just giving my 2 cents and it may not have been a positive feedback but that doesnt change anyone's equation.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:51 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 616 Likes on 394 Posts

To the OP: don't let people dissuade you from a Boxster GTS if it is within your realm of affordability. It is a wonderful car and it is unlikely we will see one like this again from Porsche. I have owned modern BMWs and they simply don't compare.

Perceived value of Porsche's sports cars is something every person has to judge for themselves. As for the rest i.e. arrogant owners, expensive maintenance etc. it won't matter in the least once you get behind the wheel and slip the car into gear. Sure there are troublemakers on this forum (as in every social media venue) but I have also been able to obtain very useful & helpful information. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here. I am on my 3rd Porsche and I still learn quite a bit from enthusiasts on Rennlist. It is a great resource.

Last edited by subwoofer; 04-03-2024 at 07:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by subwoofer:
ChattStringer (04-03-2024), Mike981S (04-03-2024), slilley (04-04-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 07:47 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSPYDER23
Yep, lots of egos. I think that it comes with the territory of buying such cars... Anyway, there are also a lot of nice folks here that also provide valuable insight and advice.
There are egos on all the forums. I see ridiculous egos on the Ford Expedition forum I read so it's everywhere, just like any social media platform today.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche build