Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Final Check for GTS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 06:27 PM
macrs
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by authenticamd
Thanks for the data point. I think you're right, about resale and allocations probability. I think options like LWBS, wheels just add cost without much return if sold to the dealership. I think wheels don't have great aftermarket value, but the LWBS will likely find a home..
Exactly, dealers won't care and will low ball you. I would agree if you want to get out quickly without losing your shirt, then yes stripper spec is the best option when selling to a dealer or wholesale auction, otherwise you have to wait a little bit to find the right buyer.

Originally Posted by Paul S.
Unless you will be tracking the car, I don't personally get paying $5900 for the full bucket seat option. For street only use, to me that's just a racer boy option but you do you...
For some people, it's a weekend car to drive in the canyons and back roads and the LWBS is nice to have for that purpose as well.
The following users liked this post:
authenticamd (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 06:34 PM
GTSPYDER23
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 119 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I agree with what you've said. I guess it's really not possible to have my cake and eat it too. Realistically this will probably be a keeper. As for the wheels, I can be convinced to spec it or not. From what I've researched there is not weight difference, but the turbo wheels are forged. Perhaps it makes sense to get aftermarket forged with better weight while keeping the price the same?

Too bad about the headlights as I think they are a big deal when "properly" programmed. No intention on buying the EV 718.
For me, I optioned a 2023 Spyder new, and I added every single feature/option that I wanted. I went beyond my initial budget, and I am glad that I did. The reason is simple. This Spyder is literally (not figuratively) my forever car. Heck, I still have my original 1999 Boxster and drive it weekly, so I am not joking. Over all the years of having that Boxster, I do regret not having some options, so I made sure that did not happen with the Spyder. Life is short, and these sport cars are wonderful works of automotive art. The "smiles per mile" are truly priceless....
Old 03-27-2024, 06:34 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,004 Likes on 517 Posts

I’m 77 and have LWBs in my just delivered GT4Rs. Great seats.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:47 PM
authenticamd
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul S.
Unless you will be tracking the car, I don't personally get paying $5900 for the full bucket seat option. For street only use, to me that's just a racer boy option but you do you.

Also, if you're going to delete the GTS 4.0 logo on the doors, consider deleting the model designation on the rear--too wordy for my taste. My 2022 BGTS 4.0 CPO had both emblems deleted (which is how I would have ordered one, personally). I also don't care for the rear wiper particularly on one you're not going to daily drive. To me it ruins the look, and if they're anything like how they used to be on 996-997's, they're a body scratch waiting to happen, the first time someone lifts the wiper arm all the way up and it drops down accidently and hits the paint adjacent to the rear window.

Also consider the door sill guards, if you're going to have ladies in heels ride shotgun.

Lastly I'd get the gearshift in deviated stitching to go with the Carmen Red stitching you're getting with the GTS package.
Doing a HPDE / autocross is not out of the question. That being said I have not done it before. I just have to get the LWBS because it's part of the driving experience.

As for the designation delete. I intentionally kept it optioned on so the dealer can remove it on delivery and I'll keep it as a memento.

Good perspective on the paint scratching. I'm still on the fence as I agree it breaks the lines. But I'll probably remove as this is not going to be a daily.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:49 PM
authenticamd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GTSPYDER23
For me, I optioned a 2023 Spyder new, and I added every single feature/option that I wanted. I went beyond my initial budget, and I am glad that I did. The reason is simple. This Spyder is literally (not figuratively) my forever car. Heck, I still have my original 1999 Boxster and drive it weekly, so I am not joking. Over all the years of having that Boxster, I do regret not having some options, so I made sure that did not happen with the Spyder. Life is short, and these sport cars are wonderful works of automotive art. The "smiles per mile" are truly priceless....
I was late to the game, otherwise I should have gotten a GT4. That being said, I'm not sure if I could have gotten one at MSRP when they were available. I'm excited about the GTS as I'm sure it'll be great!
Old 03-27-2024, 07:51 PM
authenticamd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I’m 77 and have LWBs in my just delivered GT4Rs. Great seats.
I'm jealous! Maybe in the future I'll get a 4RS or GT3. Speaking of that, are you keeping your GT3? Thoughts on that vs your just delivered 4RS?
Old 03-28-2024, 01:45 PM
Xxyion
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,119 Likes on 616 Posts

I was late to the game, otherwise I should have gotten a GT4. That being said, I'm not sure if I could have gotten one at MSRP when they were available. I'm excited about the GTS as I'm sure it'll be great!
some people did, but i think they either got super lucky or had a previous relationship with their dealership. I had to pay 20k ADM for mine, but i'll be honest i think it was totally worth it. Yes of course i would have preferred MSRP, but getting the privilege to be able to have a GT4 as my first ever Porsche, I do think the GT4 is an incredible car and that 20k ADM vanished from my mind every time i drove it. That being said, i will not pay any ADM on a used one. part of the thing that made it worth it to me was being able to build out the car exactly how i wanted it.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:47 AM
GarrettGTS
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Count me as the non-conformist that likes the rear wiper. But I live in Oregon and drive all year round. The wiper is most useful when reversing after parking in the rain. No air to blow off the water until you get moving!
Old 03-29-2024, 08:37 AM
authenticamd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GarrettGTS
Count me as the non-conformist that likes the rear wiper. But I live in Oregon and drive all year round. The wiper is most useful when reversing after parking in the rain. No air to blow off the water until you get moving!
Polarizing for sure. But since it'll not be a daily, I request to have it removed. I do think it's a cleaner look without it...
Old 03-29-2024, 08:39 AM
authenticamd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Xxyion
some people did, but i think they either got super lucky or had a previous relationship with their dealership. I had to pay 20k ADM for mine, but i'll be honest i think it was totally worth it. Yes of course i would have preferred MSRP, but getting the privilege to be able to have a GT4 as my first ever Porsche, I do think the GT4 is an incredible car and that 20k ADM vanished from my mind every time i drove it. That being said, i will not pay any ADM on a used one. part of the thing that made it worth it to me was being able to build out the car exactly how i wanted it.
Yep, since it's in the past, I'll have at least the good fortune of getting this allocation and speccing it my way. This may possibly be the last year for an ICE GTS 4.0 after all.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:58 AM
authenticamd
Intermediate

Thanks all who provided feedback in this thread. It is much appreciated.

I've been doing a lot of research on exhausts, and it looks there are many opinions about that. It looks like the best sound contenders are Kline and JCR. I would like the JCR "howl", but it sounds like drone will be a problem with a Cayman vs Boxster. It'll be interesting to see what I decide on.

Quick Reply: Final Check for GTS 4.0