Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

718/981/991 - Specific Camera Cellphone GoPro Radar Detector Mount RoadSpy RS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 01:31 AM
liudacris
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TRSCobra
My catalyst came with the adapter but it puts the camera too low for my taste so I used the standard adhesive mount just to the right of the mirror mount.
do you mind sharing some pics of the setup?
Old 05-04-2024, 05:24 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

Just installed and tested with the phone adapter and it fits as described and holds my iPhone 14 Pro very snug. Nice job with this.
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (05-04-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 01:33 PM
RoadSpy
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig67
Just installed and tested with the phone adapter and it fits as described and holds my iPhone 14 Pro very snug. Nice job with this.
Thank you! Please let us know if you need anything.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:15 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,357 Likes on 2,197 Posts

Got mine, will test it soon but so far it seems nice and stable, and everything seems well made.

Old 05-07-2024, 11:07 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts

This is a solid product but it obstructs the view too much for me. I think an optional stubby middle arm to add additional joints allowing you to shove the phone/camera forward less in your view would be a great option.
UncleDude (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 12:12 AM
RoadSpy
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
This is a solid product but it obstructs the view too much for me. I think an optional stubby middle arm to add additional joints allowing you to shove the phone/camera forward less in your view would be a great option.
This should do the trick. I have a few extras at the office, if you PM me your name and address I'll send short and long middle arms and screws out to you (long arm shown in pic). You can adjust how far away you want to mount a device to unobstruct the view. We're putting together an instructional page to show all the different methods to mounting and improving visibility and offering all the parts for purchase. Hope to get them up on the site in a few weeks. Are you mounting a larger device? I'll get some pics together of my new GoPro Hero11 Mini mounted on an RS1. I have the longer arm on it and the GoPro is hidden behind the mirror and it's so nice you can hardly see it from the drivers seat. You hit the nail on the head, an arm to position a device closer to the windshield improves forward view.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:18 AM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadSpy
This should do the trick. I have a few extras at the office, if you PM me your name and address I'll send short and long middle arms and screws out to you (long arm shown in pic). You can adjust how far away you want to mount a device to unobstruct the view. We're putting together an instructional page to show all the different methods to mounting and improving visibility and offering all the parts for purchase. Hope to get them up on the site in a few weeks. Are you mounting a larger device? I'll get some pics together of my new GoPro Hero11 Mini mounted on an RS1. I have the longer arm on it and the GoPro is hidden behind the mirror and it's so nice you can hardly see it from the drivers seat. You hit the nail on the head, an arm to position a device closer to the windshield improves forward view.
Aha! Yes, this exactly. I'm mounting a Pixel 8 Pro, so a bit larger. Obviously this isn't great for actually interacting with or using a phone, but the only reason I bought this was for track precision so this is perfect. DM sent.

Looking at this picture makes me think there might be a viable v2 of the product with dual anchor points.

Last edited by GoodRevrnd; 05-08-2024 at 03:19 AM.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:25 PM
RoadSpy
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
Aha! Yes, this exactly. I'm mounting a Pixel 8 Pro, so a bit larger. Obviously this isn't great for actually interacting with or using a phone, but the only reason I bought this was for track precision so this is perfect. DM sent.

Looking at this picture makes me think there might be a viable v2 of the product with dual anchor points.

Arms and screws sent! While we're on the subject of these extension arms, here's a pic of how I like to mount a radar detector. If you connect the longer of the 2 arms in the set directly to the RoadSpy, you can then angle the smaller arm upwards which brings the device tighter up to the mirror and makes the front of the device almost flush with the mirror. We'll end up having these arms and the screws on our website for sale in a few weeks, price will be $15. The arms can be bought on Amazon for $15 too but you really want to also have the screws which will come in our kit for the cleanest look.
GoodRevrnd (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 04:56 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,357 Likes on 2,197 Posts

@RoadSpy I sent you an email for extension arm.

Quick Reply: 718/981/991 - Specific Camera Cellphone GoPro Radar Detector Mount RoadSpy RS1