Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

"Beefy" sounding 4RS exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 02:02 AM
renn.tp
Instructor

Received 549 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by coldfire
I didn't like their system for the 718 4.0, but one of the better ones I've heard on video so far (Fabspeed OAP+rear):
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1ceA...g0NDZ3NTZ1aw==
I’ve heard questionable things about Fabspeed quality recently, including rust and sloppy heat shield application over the OAPs. That said, I think it’s the best sounding system to my ear so far. Will either go this direction or BC Fabs (very high-quality).
Old 04-12-2024, 03:26 AM
GT4RSYMPHONY
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Why would someone want the 9k rpm engine if they want a beefy sound? Get a v8 dude!
Old 04-12-2024, 07:34 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,419 Likes on 1,963 Posts

Originally Posted by GT4RSYMPHONY
Why would someone want the 9k rpm engine if they want a beefy sound? Get a v8 dude!
Did you read the OP's first post?

Anyway, welcome to RL!
Old 04-12-2024, 12:24 PM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 75 Posts

Get some dundon headers/OAP's. Mine are for sale in parts thread.
Old 04-12-2024, 01:04 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by renn.tp
I’ve heard questionable things about Fabspeed quality recently, including rust and sloppy heat shield application over the OAPs. That said, I think it’s the best sounding system to my ear so far. Will either go this direction or BC Fabs (very high-quality).
I'm the 4RS in the video above and installed one of the first Fabspeed OAP + rear sections basically in America. 0 issues with my OAP's and rear exhaust after them being on the car for almost a year. For the 4RS specifically Fabspeed bought a 4RS(still owns it) so they did a large amount of testing(they told me at least a half dozen versions trying to figure out the right resonator/hemholdz chamber size so it wouldn't have crazy drone like some of the other 4RS exhausts that don't have hemholz/resonators while also having that high pitch sound we want) which not many brands can say they did for the 4RS except JCR(also still owns a car). I think for the 4RS they also know how hard the cars will be driven so they've stepped up quality control(a few friends in SoCal are running Fabspeed on the 4RS after hearing mine with no issues as well).
The following 2 users liked this post by cooler2442:
coldfire (04-12-2024), seanix (04-30-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 01:20 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 691 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
I'm new to the 718 and have a 4RS on order. As such i don't know the differences between the 911 GT cars, which i currently own, and the 4RS....but I'm learning. I am running Dundon headers and a loud muffler on my 3RS and it's perfection. Deep sound with lots of volume but for me it's not overwhelming.
I've watched some YouTube videos of different exhausts but that's pretty tough to distinguish the true sound. I'm surprised after this many year of production there aren't more videos frankly or a true "winner" in sound like there is on the 911 side. Most over there seem to choose Dundon for power and deep sound and JCR for that high pitched wail. I'm hoping just doing the OAP will give me a deeper sound but would love some input. I don't plan on doing Headers on this car due to the warranty issues but figure the best sound probably comes from headers and moving the cat downstream like Dundon and Soul do.

I know people HATE exhaust discussion threads and feel free to tell me to F off and I'll have the admins close the thread

However, if you've got ideas about making the sound beefy and not just high pitched, without overwhelming the intake gloriousness i''m all ears....
typically sport cats will give you a deeper exhaust tone, with more noise, not sure if any exist for this platform that won't run a check engine light but anyway
Old 04-12-2024, 01:55 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 302 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
I'm the 4RS in the video above and installed one of the first Fabspeed OAP + rear sections basically in America. 0 issues with my OAP's and rear exhaust after them being on the car for almost a year. For the 4RS specifically Fabspeed bought a 4RS(still owns it) so they did a large amount of testing(they told me at least a half dozen versions trying to figure out the right resonator/hemholdz chamber size so it wouldn't have crazy drone like some of the other 4RS exhausts that don't have hemholz/resonators while also having that high pitch sound we want) which not many brands can say they did for the 4RS except JCR(also still owns a car). I think for the 4RS they also know how hard the cars will be driven so they've stepped up quality control(a few friends in SoCal are running Fabspeed on the 4RS after hearing mine with no issues as well).
Both Soul and Dundon bought a 4RS for testing.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:50 AM
seanix
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the Fabspeed back box installed on my 4RS. Only the backbox with everything else being OEM.

The overall tone has changed and it has more of that signature gt3 sound which the 4RS lacks in the factory setup. There is no impact on the induction sound inside the cabin. The intake sound is still as prominent as ever. I wanted to run this setup and if I do get bored of it, the next step is to go OAPs.

The build quality of the Fabspeed exhaust is top notch. Packaging was also very impressive to keep it safe during transport. I reused my WP tips so it all looks OEM but with a nicer tone

The following users liked this post:
cooler2442 (04-30-2024)

Quick Reply: "Beefy" sounding 4RS exhaust