Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

SilverRocket | Clubsport Wing for GT4 RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 07:10 AM
SilverRocket Racing
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts
Default SilverRocket | Clubsport Wing for GT4 RS

Hey folks,

We are very happy to announce the release of the SilverRocket Dry Carbon Fiber Clubsport Rear Wing for GT4 RS

Inspired by Porsche GT4 RS Clubsport racing cars, the SilverRocket Dry Carbon Fiber Clubsport Rear Wing is the LIGHTEST and STRONGEST Clubsport rear wing for your Porsche 718 GT4 RS. While being able to sustain over 500 lbs of downforce, the SR rear wing weighs less than 7 lbs, which is 1 lbs lighter than the stock GT4 RS Clubsport Wing and over 2.1 lbs lighter than the stock GT4 RS wing, a crucial upgrade for track performance.

The SilverRocket Dry Carbon Fiber Clubsport Rear Wing is designed based on comprehensive CFD analysis with exceptional modeling conducted by expert engineers. Our real aero data shows that at 125mph and 15° AOA, the SilverRocket Clubsport rear wing provides a whooping 472 lbs of downforce, a 170 lbs increase than the stock GT4 RS rear wing.

It also comes with 6 different angle of attack settings from -2.5° up to 15° designed from our CFD analysis aero data to provide great maneuverability for various driving preferences and track conditions.

For peak performance and top reliability, we went all out in getting the best production quality possible. From using 100% racing-grade dry carbon fiber (both in and out) without any cheap glass fiber BS, to choosing the high-end SUS304 1/2H stainless steel for the L-mount at the connection points, everything we do at all cost. is to ensure the superior structural strength and ultra-lightweight of our rear wing for safe and optimal track performance.

The rear wing is also heavily track-tested for reliability and performance, as we mentioned in our previous thread, by upgrading to the Clubsport rear wing, along with the full set of our performance kit, we set the fastest lap time record by a Porsche GT4 car at the Shanghai International Circuit in the Porsche Sports Cup.

We are very excited about this new addition to our SilverRocket Porsche 718 GT4 RS Performance kit, hope you guys will enjoy it too.

Feel free to let us know your thoughts, and you can check more details here at SilverRocket Porsche 718 GT4 RS Performance Kit

Appreciate you guys for the support.

Cheers
XJ@SilverRocket
The following 2 users liked this post by SilverRocket Racing:
arai (01-22-2024), RDCR (01-19-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,796 Likes on 897 Posts

Can you get it without the the name on the end plates?

Does the Carbon Fiber Rear Ducktail Gurney Flap add down force as well?
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (01-19-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 12:58 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 153 Posts

Excellent. When are they available to ship?
Old 01-19-2024, 01:39 AM
SilverRocket Racing
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Can you get it without the the name on the end plates?

Does the Carbon Fiber Rear Ducktail Gurney Flap add down force as well?
hey @Ksdaoski

Yes, it comes without the name on the end plates, it's just the sticker we put on.

And yes, the gurney flap does add more downforce as well, just not as significant as the Clubsport rear wing.

Cheers
XJ@SilverRocket
Old 01-19-2024, 01:41 AM
SilverRocket Racing
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
Excellent. When are they available to ship?
Hi @Brainofjjj

Thanks for the kind words.

They are ready to ship (free shipping worldwide), for orders within the US, we'll ship domestically and it should take less than 3 days to arrive. For international orders, we offer free DHL express shipping that'd take about 3-7 business days depending on the destination.

Best
XJ@SilverRocket
Brainofjjj (01-19-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 01:58 AM
SilverRocket Racing
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey guys,

Want to share a further upgrade for our Dry Carbon Fiber Clubsport Rear Wing

We have just upgraded the Mounting Plates from Steel to 100% Dry Carbon Fiber to further reduce an additional 290g for the entire rear wing set, bringing the overall weight reduction to 1.64 lbs compared to the stock Clubsport wing.

Weight Comparison

Upgraded Dry Carbon Fiber Mounting Plate

We believe in constant optimization of our 718 GT4 RS Performance parts, and at this stage, we are pretty confident that this is by far the best Clubsport style Rear Wing for the Porsche 718 GT4 RS, hope you guys will love it as much as we do as well.

Cheers
XJ@SilverRocket
Old 01-19-2024, 12:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

what about balancing the additional downforce?
ExMB (01-19-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 03:23 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
They sell dive planes along with what I believe are some replacement splitter options on the outboard side of the splitter. Then it's probably all ride height from there
Larry Cable (01-19-2024)
Old 01-19-2024, 03:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by josephr25
They sell dive planes along with what I believe are some replacement splitter options on the outboard side of the splitter. Then it's probably all ride height from there
given what Manthey did on their 4RS kit I think those would be "required" ... I've experienced unbalanced aero on a 996.2 GT3 (I tore the front splitter off the car) its no fun ...
Old 01-19-2024, 08:22 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts

I'm rolling with their 3" wing risers, stock wing and the smaller version of their front dive plane. I've been told the front dive plane balances out the higher wing position. I have received the parts from them and I'm very happy with the quality. I just need to get them installed and get the 4RS out on track.
GT4inOC (01-24-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 10:55 PM
SilverRocket Racing
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Hi Larry @Larry Cable ,

Great question. In certain circumstances and track conditions, we do notice the need for increased front-axle downforce, that's why we also developed our Pro dive plane, a more aggressive dive plane compared to the dive plane we developed (same as Porsche stock ones) in the first place.
You can check both dive plane & lower side spoiler options here:
https://silverrocket.co/collections/...e-spoiler-pack
https://silverrocket.co/collections/...pro-dive-plane

Overall I'd say it really depends on the condition & the driver's preference, we are very happy with the overall performance of our aero kits when we broke the fastest lap time record by any GT4 car in the Shanghai International Circuit, it definitely made a big difference pre & post the addition of all the aero kits.

Appreciate the feedback.

XJ@SilverRocket
Old 01-21-2024, 10:57 PM
SilverRocket Racing
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RDCR
I'm rolling with their 3" wing risers, stock wing and the smaller version of their front dive plane. I've been told the front dive plane balances out the higher wing position. I have received the parts from them and I'm very happy with the quality. I just need to get them installed and get the 4RS out on track.
Hi @RDCR

Appreciate the kind words. Can't wait to see how you like our parts on track.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:01 PM
SilverRocket Racing
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by josephr25
Hi Joseph​​​@josephr25 ,

Thanks for giving out the info, I appreciated it. just like you said, the dive plane is originally designed to replace the stock parts (same design, better quality with 100% dry carbon fiber), and the lower side spoiler aids in creating more front downforce. The whole pack performs great with the 3-inch wing riser and clubsport wing in most track conditions.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:05 AM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 335 Posts

I installed the 3" wing risers yesterday and not having a wing square in my line of sight for the first time in 5 years was worth the "cost of admission" to me! The installation video is fairly accurate and it ended up taking me about 2 hours. A couple of things they don't really show that well in the video is it helps when unclipping / clipping the hatch light wire if you pull the wire harness out of the retainer hook on the hatch first as the wire is pretty short. Also the plastic trim pcs that cover the riser bolt access holes on the 2 sides of the hatch are actually 2 pcs: a cover that snaps on to a backer plate. That backer plate is glued in place by a sloppy random bead of butyl sealant. After prying that backer plate off I peeled off the heavier parts of that material and then put the backer back in place using double sided tape per the video.

I was a little concerned going in about the OA wing height from an aesthetic stand point but I think this setup is actually more in keeping with the position / appearance of the GT3 and GT3 RS wings now and I'm very happy with the look. I'm hoping this upgrade along with their dive planes on the front will get the Aero close to the Ventus package I ran on the GT3 for all those years. It's also nice to know there is another Aero level available as well with their clubsport wing and larger canards.
Brainofjjj (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 05:07 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 918 Posts

What would be nice is if the manufacturers of wing risers could move the wing position a little bit to the back...emulating more the design of the 992 GT3 wing risers.
Not sure how this would influence aerodynamics but it would look a lot better than having them curved to the front.
The following 2 users liked this post by jmartpr:
168glhs1986 (01-24-2024), Delidf8 (01-25-2024)

Quick Reply: SilverRocket | Clubsport Wing for GT4 RS