Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Spyder RS/GT4RS cosmetic aftermarket sticky

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 11:59 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts
Default Spyder RS/GT4RS cosmetic aftermarket sticky

I finalized my SRS build with my dealer yesterday. I also did several searches and made a few posts. I learned some great things from you and I was thinking it might be useful to have a combined sticky for all the good aftermarket cosmetic products for our SRS/4RS cars. Basically a list of good aftermarket companies for cosmetic changes. Sadly, this sticky will not be for track and speed improvements.

I’ll start- The three aftermarket cosmetic compartments and related mods for my SRS will be

1- Exclusive option (thanks shaggy) sun visors with deviated stitching.
2- Windschott- clear wind deflector in place of the current mesh for less buffeting and much better visibility.
3- DB carbon- (OEM appearing carbon fiber NACA ducts and CF front fender air outlet vanes) This will finish the CF look on my WP SRS.

Please feel free to chime in with your preferred aftermarket vendors as well as the cosmetic mods you plan to do with your GT4RS/SRS. You may help inspire others in our RL community.

The following 4 users liked this post by Drifting:
Craig67 (01-14-2024), McClown (01-15-2024), Shookie (01-15-2024), wdr911 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 01:42 AM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 564 Likes on 311 Posts

I've already ordered P1Designs replacement seat inserts for my SRS order
The following 4 users liked this post by Pokerhobo:
Drifting (01-15-2024), Larry Cable (01-25-2024), Leonel (01-26-2024), McClown (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024, 06:59 AM
McClown
Instructor

Received 105 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I’ll start- The three aftermarket cosmetic compartments and related mods for my SRS will be

1- Exclusive option (thanks shaggy) sun visors with deviated stitching.
2- Windschott- clear wind deflector in place of the current mesh for less buffeting and much better visibility.
3- DB carbon- (OEM appearing carbon fiber NACA ducts and CF front fender air outlet vanes) This will finish the CF look on my WP SRS.
Nice. I already have (3) lined up in my wish list as the plastic NACAs look cheap. (2) sounds interesting but I think I will see how I find the standard one. Those with experience from the Spyder may wish to chime in. Hadn't even considered (1)!
Old 01-25-2024, 11:39 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,487 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Revealed on FB thread is that all the shiny CFRP bits you get for WP are actually matte-black painted cfrp on non-WP builds. I am inquiring about the naca ducts and fender vents.
The following 2 users liked this post by Adrift:
Drifting (01-25-2024), Pokerhobo (01-25-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 12:26 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Adrift
Revealed on FB thread is that all the shiny CFRP bits you get for WP are actually matte-black painted cfrp on non-WP builds. I am inquiring about the naca ducts and fender vents.
Are you doing WP on your SRS?
Old 01-25-2024, 12:47 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 218 Posts

I would expect those are the same. I thought the Porsche website described all of those items as CFRP.
Old 01-25-2024, 01:34 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Are you doing WP on your SRS?
Yes...but I am very back and forth on this. I quite like the look of the solid painted hood actually. The striped hood looks "tough", but do I like it as much? I also waffle on whether advertising it as an RS (with the striped hood) is something I like doing. But as most of the people I go to for inputs say "GET IT!"...I currently "got" it. lol I wouldn't mind that ~$14k back in my pocket (WP fee + striped hood premium).

I know...get the car *I* want. Yeah yeah. It is the "last and best." Does that mean it should get all the toys? Eh.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:57 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 392 Likes on 190 Posts

I currently have the DBCarbon Carbon Fiber wind deflecting mirror triangles on order for my GT4RS (or my GT4 if the GT4RS does not have windbuffeting).
Also looking at key fob sides (unfortunately no Chinese ABS sides in pure acid green, though I could get some with sheeps ). Got a lead via IG in the Netherlands who does quality work for a price between cheap Chinese sides and Porsche's option using Porsche paint codes.
Items I will decide after the Euro delivery are exposed CF NACA ducts (either DB Carbon or Apollo-Aero) and fender vents (currently only DB Carbon?).

I am still looking for a way to get my painted air vent slats. I know it is available as CXX option, but since that's the only CXX option I wanted (besides acid green stitching which would have been USD$58k, so I said no thanks) and the price - while twice as much as it was on my GT4 - was not enough to get to the minimal required CXX limit, i couldn't order.
PS: I hope Doug DeMuro is reading this thread, he loves it when Porsche owners discuss Cosmetic options
The following users liked this post:
Odin (03-12-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 07:04 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike981S
I currently have the DBCarbon Carbon Fiber wind deflecting mirror triangles on order for my GT4RS (or my GT4 if the GT4RS does not have windbuffeting).
Also looking at key fob sides (unfortunately no Chinese ABS sides in pure acid green, though I could get some with sheeps ). Got a lead via IG in the Netherlands who does quality work for a price between cheap Chinese sides and Porsche's option using Porsche paint codes.
Items I will decide after the Euro delivery are exposed CF NACA ducts (either DB Carbon or Apollo-Aero) and fender vents (currently only DB Carbon?).

I am still looking for a way to get my painted air vent slats. I know it is available as CXX option, but since that's the only CXX option I wanted (besides acid green stitching which would have been USD$58k, so I said no thanks) and the price - while twice as much as it was on my GT4 - was not enough to get to the minimal required CXX limit, i couldn't order.
PS: I hope Doug DeMuro is reading this thread, he loves it when Porsche owners discuss Cosmetic options
can you please share with us the Netherlands person who does painted keys? I’ll be interested in those as I have a PTS color.

I have found the Chinese colored keys (in standard colors) to be more durable than OEM.

Hopefully, the Netherlands option is more durable than OEM for PTS colors?

Last edited by Drifting; 01-25-2024 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:17 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Yes...but I am very back and forth on this. I quite like the look of the solid painted hood actually. The striped hood looks "tough", but do I like it as much? I also waffle on whether advertising it as an RS (with the striped hood) is something I like doing. But as most of the people I go to for inputs say "GET IT!"...I currently "got" it. lol I wouldn't mind that ~$14k back in my pocket (WP fee + striped hood premium).

I know...get the car *I* want. Yeah yeah. It is the "last and best." Does that mean it should get all the toys? Eh.
Get what you like. The car is for you.

I’m doing WP (because PTS) but I’m choosing the free option to paint the entire hood in body color because I prefer that just like you.

I just really want the NACA ducts and front fender air vanes to match the rest of the CF included with WP.
If you’re not doing WP, then no reason to mess with half of those options or add ons.

Last edited by Drifting; 01-25-2024 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:35 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 564 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
fender vents (currently only DB Carbon?).
Manthey-Racing has carbon fiber fender louvres https://www.manthey-kit.com/en/gt4-rs, but they are not cheap.
Mike981S (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 11:54 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
Manthey-Racing has carbon fiber fender louvres https://www.manthey-kit.com/en/gt4-rs, but they are not cheap.
Apparently they are infinitely expensive, because I could not get the site to show me the pricing. lol
Mike981S (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 02:57 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 392 Likes on 190 Posts

can you please share with us the Netherlands person who does painted keys? I’ll be interested in those as I have a PTS color.

I have found the Chinese colored keys (in standard colors) to be more durable than OEM.

Hopefully, the Netherlands option is more durable than OEM for PTS colors?
@custom_porsche_keys on Instagram. It is about 200EUR plus shipping for two keys. He does paint them and coats them. So it is painted and not ABS like the Chinese or Rennline items. But you can get it in any PTS color. I do have one CF, a light green, a yellow and a Gulf themed one for our other Porsches (mostly Chinese, one Rennline) and they indeed hold up great. @skafia has ordered his in his gorgeous blue PTS color already, so he can provide more insight into the actual quality.
Drifting (01-27-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 10:26 AM
BNACK
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

1016 Industries is currently developing carbon fiber pieces to replace the front splitter, rear diffuser, louvers, side skirts etc; similar to what they have done for the 992 GT3.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:35 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by BNACK
1016 Industries is currently developing carbon fiber pieces to replace the front splitter, rear diffuser, louvers, side skirts etc; similar to what they have done for the 992 GT3.
These guys need more detail on their website. I have no idea about the weave or how the CF is finished. Just some dumb visualizer.

Quick Reply: Spyder RS/GT4RS cosmetic aftermarket sticky