Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Got My GT4RS allocation- Speccing now

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 09:34 AM
RaceDeck
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 41 Posts

Does anyone know about the foam insert buckets and the 3 different soft, medium and hard? is that based on driver size/weight? they seem pricey for what you're getting.
All Rennlist Members Get Club Discounts on RACEDECK, the original USA made, multi-patented modular garage flooring system

22' GT3 Touring CXX - Auratium Green / Graphite Blue interior ( CXX )
991 GT2 RS Weissach - Chalk
991.2 Carrera 4 S in Chalk
993 Turbo White/ red interior
997.1 911 GT2 Black
73 - RS custom 3.6L White
24' GT4RS Oslo (still in production)
92' 964 soon a "Turbo Study"
Old 12-14-2023, 11:26 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 658 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceDeck
Does anyone know about the foam insert buckets and the 3 different soft, medium and hard? is that based on driver size/weight? they seem pricey for what you're getting.
I have them. They are unique and I wanted to option my car to the hilt since it’s probably the last car I will spec. I chose the medium based on my weight of 180. I think it’s just a way offset if you are light or heavy. They will be a little cooler on track because of the venting. You sit just a smidge lower as well. They are easy to switch out and come in a carrying bag. All of that said, they are NOT worth the cost. I got sucked in by the marketing but also had the money. Hope this helps!
Old 12-14-2023, 11:38 AM
RaceDeck
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
I have them. They are unique and I wanted to option my car to the hilt since it’s probably the last car I will spec. I chose the medium based on my weight of 180. I think it’s just a way offset if you are light or heavy. They will be a little cooler on track because of the venting. You sit just a smidge lower as well. They are easy to switch out and come in a carrying bag. All of that said, they are NOT worth the cost. I got sucked in by the marketing but also had the money. Hope this helps!
Thanks... so you think the stiffness is based on the driver weight? I am 210 lbs and 6'3 so I don't mind dropping down a bit. I have the 18-ways in other cars and at my size, really hold me in well + plus they are great on long drives... but, this car for sure is going with the new bucket style.
* there are also a few aftermarket custom insert companies that I have sat in, which could be another option.

Last edited by RaceDeck; 12-14-2023 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:55 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by ScratchTheItch
Not sure why YOU are bunched up by what other people pay.

Did you land a 4RS at MSRP? If so, good for you.

Most of the folks getting them at MSRP have already spent ADM in other ways i.e. extensive buying history, losing money on undervalued trades, etc...if someone prefers to just pay upfront to get what they want then more power to them...it's their money.
There is so much bull crap around here centered on 4RS’s at MSRP it makes me laugh. I’ve been shopping GT cars for 15 years. Are there people buying at MSRP? Of course there is. I know 2 of them in MPLS alone that have a wonderful history (as in millions of dollars in purchases) with the dealer. The OP sounds like he got one as well. Of course there are relationship cars being sold at MSRP. I love hearing that. But this notion that they are easy to get, or more are sold at MSRP than with ADMs is laughable. I speak to 2 brokers every two weeks that have 40 GT cars available and every single car is 25-150k over. From GTSs to ST’s and in between. 4RSs are 30-50 on average PTS on the high end. Are they all being sold at that price? Probably not, but you get the idea. Is it some badge of courage to get one at MSRP? No. It’s whatever an individual needed to pay to get a car. Period. I paid a fair ADM. You know why? Because after being on multiple lists for 8 years I finally got an allocation. It was the only way I was going to get one! Just enjoy the damn cars.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr. Adair:
cooler2442 (12-14-2023), Mike981S (01-23-2024), phoenx_10 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 02:14 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by RaceDeck
Thanks... so you think the stiffness is based on the driver weight? I am 210 lbs and 6'3 so I don't mind dropping down a bit. I have the 18-ways in other cars and at my size, really hold me in well + plus they are great on long drives... but, this car for sure is going with the new bucket style.
* there are also a few aftermarket custom insert companies that I have sat in, which could be another option.
Hmmm. Glad you are buying buckets. I’ve driven to CA and back from MN and found buckets to be awesome. The all around support of them is actually an advantage IMO. You’re relatively tall so the insert may give you a little more leg room. I don’t think I would soften the insert to “recreate” your 18 ways. I would do the opposite. I might do the medium or probably the firms. That way you can use your stock inserts for comfort and exchange out the firms for track. Sometimes it’s nice to use the factory product. But I’m telling you when you see them if you are value conscious you will feel like the materials are not worth the 3k.

My 2 cents.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:24 PM
Bill_76
Pro

Received 516 Likes on 232 Posts

My former Aetna Blue and my actual Shark blue for your reference

The following 2 users liked this post by Bill_76:
Mike981S (01-23-2024), Mr. Adair (12-14-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 673 Posts

Not sure why YOU are bunched up by what other people pay.

Did you land a 4RS at MSRP? If so, good for you.

Most of the folks getting them at MSRP have already spent ADM in other ways i.e. extensive buying history, losing money on undervalued trades, etc...if someone prefers to just pay upfront to get what they want then more power to them...it's their money.
I was offered much lower ADM and MSRP months ago and no one believed it. There has been a lot of denial here about the 4RS and what it actually stands for, represents, is worth at purchase and what its mid to long term value proposition will be. To say that the early buyers who paid huge ADMs for a 4RS were suckers would be an understatement and I said so at the time. But yes its their money and they can do what they want with it...
Old 12-15-2023, 02:18 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
There is so much bull crap around here centered on 4RS’s at MSRP it makes me laugh. I’ve been shopping GT cars for 15 years. Are there people buying at MSRP? Of course there is. I know 2 of them in MPLS alone that have a wonderful history (as in millions of dollars in purchases) with the dealer. The OP sounds like he got one as well. Of course there are relationship cars being sold at MSRP. I love hearing that. But this notion that they are easy to get, or more are sold at MSRP than with ADMs is laughable. I speak to 2 brokers every two weeks that have 40 GT cars available and every single car is 25-150k over. From GTSs to ST’s and in between. 4RSs are 30-50 on average PTS on the high end. Are they all being sold at that price? Probably not, but you get the idea. Is it some badge of courage to get one at MSRP? No. It’s whatever an individual needed to pay to get a car. Period. I paid a fair ADM. You know why? Because after being on multiple lists for 8 years I finally got an allocation. It was the only way I was going to get one! Just enjoy the damn cars.
Thanks for the rant! Maybe if you were more pleasant you could get more allocations at a lower price directly from a dealer and not have to work thru a broker? Just saying.
Old 12-15-2023, 02:53 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
To say that the early buyers who paid huge ADMs for a 4RS were suckers would be an understatement and I said so at the time. But yes its their money and they can do what they want with it...
I paid $70k for a PTS one, 5 months and 5k miles later I’m still smiling. One happy sucker here!
The following 4 users liked this post by skafia:
dnimi123 (12-15-2023), Mr. Adair (12-15-2023), phoenx_10 (12-15-2023), sunnyr (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 03:08 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skafia
I paid $70k for a PTS one, 5 months and 5k miles later I’m still smiling. One happy sucker here!
Yes we have met on a couple of PCH drives and at a cars and coffee or two! You are a super cool/nice guy and glad you are enjoying and getting the most out of your 4RS! Please let me know when you want to sell and ill make you a low but appropriate offer in say the mid $100,000 range!
Old 12-15-2023, 03:24 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 70 Posts

I was offered much lower ADM and MSRP months ago and no one believed it.
And you didn't buy it? So you are on the sidelines in all this?

Please let me know when you want to sell and ill make you a low but appropriate offer in say the mid $100,000 range!
You seem like a fun person. Anyone overly concerned with long term values shouldn't be buying these toys in the first place. There's a reason the wide majority of owners aren't on these forums; they couldn't care less about values or the opinions of the peanut gallery. The average stock portfolio of owners on here can swing in a bad day what these cars lose in 1-2 years. Don't worry about it and sleep well at night. There are plenty of owners out there where an ADM is a drop in the bucket to get the car how they want, when they want it, vs. waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for something that may never come. Life is short.
Old 12-15-2023, 03:30 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 808 Posts

I was offered much lower ADM and MSRP months ago and no one believed it. There has been a lot of denial here about the 4RS and what it actually stands for, represents, is worth at purchase and what its mid to long term value proposition will be. To say that the early buyers who paid huge ADMs for a 4RS were suckers would be an understatement and I said so at the time. But yes its their money and they can do what they want with it...
We've met and you posted being offering a 4RS for a small markup over MSRP, when I saw that I PMed you asking for you to pass that along to me if you weren't interested. You couldn't provide that allocation for me to get it at 20k over. To be that means it wasn't a real allocation or you specifically were offered that with strings attached(trade in your GT4 for 70k, buy a watch, finance it, etc). There still exists 0 MSRP 4RS or even 20k over allocations with no strings attached or previous purchase history. That's still the market right now.

If his 4RS goes to 150k like you're hoping it will so you can afford it, your GT4 will be sub 80k as well. They are all connected.
The following 4 users liked this post by cooler2442:
Mike981S (01-23-2024), Mr. Adair (12-15-2023), phoenx_10 (12-15-2023), ScratchTheItch (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 04:40 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooler2442
We've met and you posted being offering a 4RS for a small markup over MSRP, when I saw that I PMed you asking for you to pass that along to me if you weren't interested. You couldn't provide that allocation for me to get it at 20k over. To be that means it wasn't a real allocation or you specifically were offered that with strings attached(trade in your GT4 for 70k, buy a watch, finance it, etc). There still exists 0 MSRP 4RS or even 20k over allocations with no strings attached or previous purchase history. That's still the market right now.

If his 4RS goes to 150k like you're hoping it will so you can afford it, your GT4 will be sub 80k as well. They are all connected.
As everyone observes allocations and pricing involve many factors not the least of which is a relationship but also the type of dealership. Its widely known that The Collection in FL offers no ADM pricing. I could not 'transfer' my 4RS offer to you because it was made to me thru relationships at basically 2 different So Cal dealers. I did not take them because I dont think the 4RS fist my needs currently and want to wait to see the longer term values, although id love to drive one a few hours per month. But who knows how I might feel in the future. I hope no matter what anyone pays they are happy with their cars. Ill drop out on the ADM discussion as this thread was about the OPs purchase. I was just curious what the OP had paid and its good to know that pricing is 'normalizing'.
Old 12-15-2023, 04:49 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

And you didn't buy it? So you are on the sidelines in all this?

You seem like a fun person. Anyone overly concerned with long term values shouldn't be buying these toys in the first place. There's a reason the wide majority of owners aren't on these forums; they couldn't care less about values or the opinions of the peanut gallery. The average stock portfolio of owners on here can swing in a bad day what these cars lose in 1-2 years. Don't worry about it and sleep well at night. There are plenty of owners out there where an ADM is a drop in the bucket to get the car how they want, when they want it, vs. waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for something that may never come. Life is short.
This has been his MO around here for years. He’s a **** stirrer of epic proportions. And you’re right, the number of great Porsche owners I know that have left Rennlist because of guys like him is numerous. I took 3 months off and the first day I’m back he’s at it again.
The following users liked this post:
phoenx_10 (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 04:55 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Thanks for the rant! Maybe if you were more pleasant you could get more allocations at a lower price directly from a dealer and not have to work thru a broker? Just saying.
Read it again and pay attention. I got an allocation from my local dealer. I did not buy from a broker. I know brokers.
The following users liked this post:
RaceDeck (12-16-2023)

Quick Reply: Got My GT4RS allocation- Speccing now