Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

List Prices for OEM Porsche Wheel 718 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023 | 12:03 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Default List Prices for OEM Porsche Wheel 718 RS

List prices from Porsche parts department:

Standard wheels:
Fronts $5.2k each. As in $10.4k for the front set.
Rears $5.7k each

Magnesium:
Fronts $12.1k each
Rears $13.1k each

The standard wheels were from a GT4 RS VIN with wheels finished in Satin Neodyme.

The magnesium wheels were from a GT4 RS VIN with wheels finished in White Gold.

If I have time to call for pricing on base wheel finishes I will update the thread. I can’t imagine the penalty is $thousands for the gold finishes but you never know.

This pricing is higher than anything I’ve ever seen, including Ferrari or carbon fiber wheels from various manufacturers. Unbelievable.

Guess I won’t be buying a spare set!

=====

Edit:

See my post #25 for further pricing details. Prices above are correct but there is more to know.

Others have posted mentioning pricing for set of 4 offered only in Black or Blue which is hugely cheaper than the prices above.

=====

Last edited by 348SStb; 11-16-2023 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:15 PM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

That may be list pricing, but check out the below link. In fact, these prices seem very much in line with the aftermarket.

Forged $7,195 set
Magnesium $19,995 set.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/catego...t4chasset.html
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:18 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chriswd62
That may be list pricing, but check out the below link. In fact, these prices seem very much in line with the aftermarket.

Forged $7,195 set
Magnesium $19,995 set.

Sadly looks like you can't order certain sets like Satin Neodyme from Suncoast on the Mag wheels. I wonder if those are the higher priced wheels.
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:20 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chriswd62

Forged $7,195 set
Magnesium $19,995 set.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

According to the prices I obtained, a set of 4 magnesium wheels is $50k. According to Suncoast, a set of 4 is $19k. I don’t believe a set of 4 is $19k. Maybe a front or a rear set.

In any event, either Suncoast is wrong or the guy I spoke to was wrong. Theres a decent margin in there per wheel maybe $500-1500 but it’s not many thousands per wheel.
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:24 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 348SStb

According to the prices I obtained, a set of 4 magnesium wheels is $50k. According to Suncoast, a set of 4 is $19k. I don’t believe a set of 4 is $19k. Maybe a front or a rear set.

In any event, either Suncoast is wrong or the guy I spoke to was wrong. Theres a decent margin in there per wheel maybe $500-1500 but it’s not many thousands per wheel.
Individual wheels are much more expensive than a complete set. It does sound like there continues to be supply challenges so there aren't a lot of sets available and why some colors are not available in set configuration.
UncleDude (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:29 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Individual wheels are much more expensive than a complete set. It does sound like there continues to be supply challenges so there aren't a lot of sets available and why some colors are not available in set configuration.
Fine but I don’t think a set of four individual wheels would be $50k while a set of 4 “package deal” would be $20k. I don’t know if I’m wrong or if they’re wrong, but I’m interested now to retrace my steps and verify.

Porsche doesn’t do deals — their pricing structure isn’t set up that way. Suncoast does a decent job but their marketing is way better than their discounting competitiveness. Porsche Parts Depot is almost always cheaper than Suncoast, for example.
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:32 PM
chriswd62
Rennlist Member

I'd trust Suncoast, as I've ordered various Porsche parts from them. They know what they are doing.
Larry Cable (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:34 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

What do you mean you dont believe? Its literally on the website. They are a well known provider of parts.
Larry Cable (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:37 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Fine but I don’t think a set of four individual wheels would be $50k while a set of 4 “package deal” would be $20k. I don’t know if I’m wrong or if they’re wrong, but I’m interested now to retrace my steps and verify.

Porsche doesn’t do deals — their pricing structure isn’t set up that way. Suncoast does a decent job but their marketing is way better than their discounting competitiveness. Porsche Parts Depot is almost always cheaper than Suncoast, for example.
Are you familiar with Porsche? It really doesn't sound like you are. The porshe tax is real. And it's definitely reflective in their part prices. A lot of them don't make any sense Case in point the individual price point of the wheels. The set prices are correct. I have checked them out with local dealers. So in this case you are wrong and Suncoast and all the other dealers are correct in their pricing. May not make sense but that's what Porsche has set them at.

​​​
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:41 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

I’ve been to Suncoast. Serviced my car at Suncoast. I buy from Suncoast. They are not the cheapest in parts most of the time.

I know about Porsche parts. And I gather many here do as well. I don’t want to be argumentative since it seems I’m being piled upon — but nobody seems to be interested in the fact that we have a $30,000 discrepancy and therefore it might be good to do further research; I’m wondering if anyone is interested to suggest what might account for the discrepancy to what further research might be done.

Suncoast doesn’t have $30,000 in margin lying around to discount their wheels. It could be the case that their pricing is for a FRONT set for $19k; it also could be that my parts guy — even after I clarified “Did I just hear you say $22k for one individual wheel?” — made a mistake. But we went through two VINS and he labored to state that the prices were for individual wheels.

Last edited by 348SStb; 11-16-2023 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:44 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

I’ve been to Suncoast. Serviced my car at Suncoast. I buy from Suncoast. They are not the cheapest in parts most of the time.

I know about Porsche parts. And I gather many here do as well. I don’t want to be argumentative since it seems I’m being piled upon — but nobody seems to be interested in the fact that we have a $30,000 discrepancy and therefore it might be good to do further research; I’m wondering if anyone is interested to suggest what might account for the discrepancy to what further research might be done.

Suncoast doesn’t have $30,000 in margin lying around to discount their wheels. It could be the case that their pricing is for a FRONT set for $19k; it also could be that my parts guy — even after I clarified “Did I just hear you say $22k for one individual wheel?” — made a mistake.
Listen I'm telling you you're wrong you don't have to believe me give them a call find out yourself
Larry Cable (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...magnesium.html
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:52 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Don't forget to deduct 10% for being a PCA Member

The full set of mags in any color would be roughly $~20K +/-
No clue where you came up with the $50K number, but you should disregard all info that lead to that figure, there has to be a mistake made on your end, or by the parts department.
There is one clear way you can resolve your confusion, and thats to pick another lucky dealership out of the hat to place a call into, request pricing - ASK FOR A SET, not PER WHEEL, in the finish you desire.
Larry Cable (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Suncoast doesn’t have $30,000 in margin lying around to discount their wheels. It could be the case that their pricing is for a FRONT set for $19k; it also could be that my parts guy — even after I clarified “Did I just hear you say $22k for one individual wheel?” — made a mistake. But we went through two VINS and he labored to state that the prices were for individual wheels.
yup... they did!
Old 11-16-2023 | 12:55 PM
348SStb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Listen I'm telling you you're wrong you don't have to believe me give them a call find out yourself
Since you’re so polite, I’ll make a deal with you.

I’ll give Suncoast a call and find out for myself — IF you agree to call the at the Porsche dealer whom I called. I’ll give you the phone number and the VIN I used. Then we’ll compare notes.

Deal?

Quick Reply: List Prices for OEM Porsche Wheel 718 RS