Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Best N rated tyre for 718 Spyder for the roads

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 12:25 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

goodyear eagle f1 supercar 3. Not a N tire, but a cheaper and better trackable street tire over the cup2s and dunlops that come in gt4/spyder stock sizing. There are better tires if you deviate from stock sizing though imo.

Yokohama AD09 are another Non- N rated option for replacing OE sized cup2s. They're similar to A052's (same compound I believe), and yokohama basically has the a052 for dedicated track people and the ad09 as a slightly less compromised streetable track tire for track/street people. Both sc3's and ad09s are cheaper and all around better imo than what the cup2 is designed for. I know literally no one who buys cup2s that goes to the track regularly unless forced to (I had to buy them again because I couldn't get sc3 rears at the time).
The following users liked this post:
BoxKing (11-05-2023)
Old 11-05-2023, 04:40 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by Zhao
goodyear eagle f1 supercar 3. Not a N tire, but a cheaper and better trackable street tire over the cup2s and dunlops that come in gt4/spyder stock sizing. There are better tires if you deviate from stock sizing though imo.

Yokohama AD09 are another Non- N rated option for replacing OE sized cup2s. They're similar to A052's (same compound I believe), and yokohama basically has the a052 for dedicated track people and the ad09 as a slightly less compromised streetable track tire for track/street people. Both sc3's and ad09s are cheaper and all around better imo than what the cup2 is designed for. I know literally no one who buys cup2s that goes to the track regularly unless forced to (I had to buy them again because I couldn't get sc3 rears at the time).
Im going to be in the same situation as you once spring comes around if the SC3 rears dont become available between now and then; which, is why Im wondering if the SC3’s, and or the AD09’s would fit properly (rubbing) without much sacrifice to street/track feel in 255/305 sizing. This is the only runnable combination outside of OE fitment that I’d go with, and has availability for both F/R. These would be for 70% street, 30% track use. I’d prefer to never tun Cup 2’s again if I dont have to.

Quick Reply: Best N rated tyre for 718 Spyder for the roads