Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4RS PPF Problem Areas

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2023, 03:45 PM
thisisntatestlol
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GT4RS PPF Problem Areas

Creating a thread to reach out to those who have had their GT4RS PPF'd. I haven't come across discussions or detailed images of challenging spots like the lower front fenders. I just got the car back after two weeks from a full PPF, but have scheduled a follow-up to redo some of the areas. If any of you could provide feedback on expected PPF quality, or share photos of the problem areas I've highlighted that would be greatly appreciated. I'll add specific questions under each of the photos.

Front lower fender + Side skirts
Can this area be tucked, and potentially avoid the seam at the edge? Worried rocks will destroy the paint in a year or so.

Front fender louver vents
How close can the film get to the edge? Has anyone had it tucked underneath? After just a few weeks driving this is clearly a very high debris zone. The gas cap isn't tucked either, doesn't seem right.

A-Pillars
Can the film be tucked to avoid taking rocks head on? Already showing debris and lifting the film after a few days.

Side mirrors
A little hard to see, but only the top portion of the mirror has film applied. Can the entire mirror be covered in a single sheet of PPF? Or where can I expect the seams?