Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

OAP Comparison (SOUL vs Fabspeed)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 04:08 PM
dub
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Yeah that's why I put those photos together. Clearly what they shipped.is different from what is still shown on their site today
Lol...also dating profile pics vs. reality

The following users liked this post:
sbsurfer (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 04:49 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

We do apologize for the change in the heat wrapping photo, we do have a machine capable of spot welding the heat wrapping, but due to a component failure and subsequent delay we had to temporarily switch the type of wrapping used, and the website reflects that. We do anticipate having the welded heat wrapping back up and running in the near future, but it is not our desire to delay your patiently awaited products. OP if you'd like to exchange the heat wrapping once we do have the primary machine back up, I am happy to make that happen.

As for the questions regarding tubing size, shape, and flange differences, we thoroughly tested numerous layouts and designs on our shop GT4RS, in most cases dynoing them back to back until we found the best possible result. As a few people suggested, I think it would be fantastic to Dyno both set-ups back to back, and in an effort to make that happen, we will volunteer our dyno and GT4RS. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

The following 4 users liked this post by Fabspeed Motorsport:
CDACH (08-18-2023), Jevi Javi (07-29-2023), MEGY911 (08-03-2023), seanix (02-13-2024)
Old 07-28-2023, 05:07 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,886 Likes on 933 Posts

@Fabspeed Motorsport why is there half as much heat protection as shown on the website?
Old 07-28-2023, 11:07 PM
JCN83
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Per my last conversation with someone on the Fabspeed staff three days ago, they don't actually make these OAP's. They come from a distributor. I was told that cancelling my order from nearly 6 weeks ago would result in a restocking fee - despite the fact that they're not actually stocking these. A bit more transparency here would be great. 4RS owners are chomping at the bit for parts...but we're not getting ample communication. Feels like product was rushed to market before it was fully developed / ready for mainstream.

Last edited by JCN83; 07-28-2023 at 11:09 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JCN83:
sbsurfer (07-28-2023), tigerhonaker (07-29-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 11:56 PM
sbsurfer
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
We do apologize for the change in the heat wrapping photo, we do have a machine capable of spot welding the heat wrapping, but due to a component failure and subsequent delay we had to temporarily switch the type of wrapping used, and the website reflects that. We do anticipate having the welded heat wrapping back up and running in the near future, but it is not our desire to delay your patiently awaited products. OP if you'd like to exchange the heat wrapping once we do have the primary machine back up, I am happy to make that happen.

As for the questions regarding tubing size, shape, and flange differences, we thoroughly tested numerous layouts and designs on our shop GT4RS, in most cases dynoing them back to back until we found the best possible result. As a few people suggested, I think it would be fantastic to Dyno both set-ups back to back, and in an effort to make that happen, we will volunteer our dyno and GT4RS. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.
Joe I appreciate the offer and the response on the forum here. I like seeing your enthusiasm for Porsche's and Vette's (Ive seen ya on the vette forums as well). But as a paying customer I would have appreciated more transparency in the last 2 1/2 months while waiting for the OAPs on the reasons for delayed delivery and changes that were made to the product. After waiting that long I was a little let down to see the hose clamped blankets on the pipes when they finally arrived vs the more professional shielding I saw on the site when I ordered them, which was one of the things that made me decide to go with FS to begin with. I didn't post this to bash a product simply to give a real world apples/apples comparison on the two OAPs I have in my garage at the moment, but the real test would be on the dyno and I hope you are able to do that in the near future.
Old 07-29-2023, 12:21 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Fabspeed is not the company it used to be, and while they started out well years ago they have not been a top-tier exhaust company as they once where. I have had 3 Indy Porsche shops tell me this, who have all installed all of the exhaust sellers available to the P-car community. Personally, I like Soul and John G. will talk to anyone and explain why they do what they do, which I really like, especially when they walk the talk. Anyway, I hope those that did not get what they expected are taken care of...that would never have happened with Soul.
Old 07-29-2023, 12:28 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Fabspeed is not the company it used to be, and while they started out well years ago they have not been a top-tier exhaust company as they once where.
Not sure when the golden days were. They've been ****ty since I first dealt with them in 2018, on Macan exhausts.
The following users liked this post:
RDCR (03-05-2024)
Old 08-02-2023, 05:59 PM
DR.S
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JCN83
...I was told that cancelling my order from nearly 6 weeks ago would result in a restocking fee - despite the fact that they're not actually stocking these...
Seriously?
There is just one solution (for the future)...
Old 08-02-2023, 06:12 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
@Fabspeed Motorsport why is there half as much heat protection as shown on the website?
@Fabspeed Motorsport anything?
Old 08-18-2023, 02:32 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 842 Posts

Got my Fabspeed OAP's and installed them last week. Quality looks great and I have no complaints. I'll post a detailed review thread soon once I get some sound clips for everyone. Completely transforms the sound above 4k rpm and the price was great with the 15% off code they're running.
The following 2 users liked this post by cooler2442:
Fabspeed Motorsport (08-18-2023), sbsurfer (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 02:41 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 689 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by cooler2442
Got my Fabspeed OAP's and installed them last week. Quality looks great and I have no complaints. I'll post a detailed review thread soon once I get some sound clips for everyone. Completely transforms the sound above 4k rpm and the price was great with the 15% off code they're running.

Please do! Excited to hear what you think
Old 03-05-2024, 01:30 PM
Frank1119
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

How’s the drone with non-resonated OAP replacement on SRS/4RS (everything else OEM)

Quick Reply: OAP Comparison (SOUL vs Fabspeed)