Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

AGM CGTS 4.0 Set to Arrive in October! Plus notes for very tall drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2023, 09:27 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AGM CGTS 4.0 Set to Arrive in October! Plus notes for very tall drivers

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I was once a proud, financially suicidal, FOURTH owner of a ten-year-old 987.1S Cayman and I have been hooked on Porsche ever since. Despite the costs involved with a car laden with the baggage of three ex-lovers and a poorly designed IMS bearing, I loved the car, and I am happy I had the experience of owning it and for it introducing me to Porsche.

Fast forward to today, and I just received the Track Your Dream email on my 2024 CGTS 4.0! I originally had a Shark Blue build, but Aventurine Green Metallic popped back up on the configurator a couple days ago and I immediately reached out to my SA to see if it was really available and to re-do my spec around it.

Here is the build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRNT9FK6

I am ready to be back in the Porsche community! October cannot come soon enough.

Last thing, for fellow giants out there wondering if they will fit in these cars: I am 6'8" with a lean build and I fit comfortably in these cars with the 2-ways or 14-ways. I have not tried the 18-ways, but I imagine the fit isn't too different. I was lucky enough to have a chance to sit in a GT4 with the buckets before I ordered, and I knew immediately that they were the right choice for me. Much more room, very comfortable, and if I took the padding out, I could fit with a helmet on for track days. I genuinely cannot say whether I have been in a car with more headroom than that GT4 after removing the bottom padding. With the cushions in, it was perfect for normal driving without a helmet. Steering wheel clearance was great, no issue with hands running into my knees. If you are very tall driver at 6'2, 6'3, 6'4, 6'5, 6'6, 6'7, or 6'8" (adding all of these for google searchers) and want to know if you can fit in a 718 Cayman, look here! Getting in and out will always be a circus act for us, but once seated, they feel great.

Last edited by SixEight718; 05-12-2023 at 04:13 PM. Reason: grammar
The following 3 users liked this post by SixEight718:
911Jetta (05-12-2023), TikiLou (05-11-2023), TripleL (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 12:08 PM
BlackCobra
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Congrats! I also got my allocation and track your dreams email yesterday as well. I also like Aventurine Green and saw it back on the configurator. Did your SA get back to you saying it was legit? I am thinking it's a gltich, ever since they unveiled the Spyder RS on the site because now the headlights are glitched as well for a CGTS - they should be the PDLS blacked out Xenons like it showed last week.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:22 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Awesome! SA said there were no issues with switching it to AGM and no stop-sales shown. The Porsche configurator has been a buggy mess for as long as I can remember, though, that's for sure.
The following users liked this post:
Bearrun21 (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 01:56 PM
chapmans
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

I tried to order Aventurine with mine and they said no-go once they put it into the system. Ended up going with Gentian and it was built yesterday.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:00 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by chapmans
I tried to order Aventurine with mine and they said no-go once they put it into the system. Ended up going with Gentian and it was built yesterday.
When did they tell you Aventurine was a no-go?
Old 05-12-2023, 02:02 PM
chapmans
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SixEight718
When did they tell you Aventurine was a no-go?
March 21st it was rejected when the build with it was entered into the system. It's discontinued along with Python green.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:04 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by chapmans
March 21st it was rejected when the build with it was entered into the system. It's discontinued along with Python green.
Ah, okay. Right, it was discontinued but has popped back up as available as of three days ago. My build sheet on Track Your Dream shows it, but I suppose there are no guarantees until the paint is sprayed.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:51 PM
chapmans
Rennlist Member

Probably legit if its in track your dream. Congrats!
Old 05-12-2023, 03:15 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Hopefully, and thanks! Congrats on your Gentian Blue build, beautiful color.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:35 PM
WarriorGT
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats! I love the gold wheels with the green and red calipers. Looks awesome. I am waiting for my CGTS 4.0 to arrive in June. It was built 2 weeks ago and sitting at the port in Germany. I was very lucky to get one of the last 2023 allocations with no adm and just missed the price increase for 2024. Like yourself, I was originally set on shark blue and had the order in for that but at the last minute, decided to switch to GT Silver for its timeless appearance. I totally feel your excitement! Enjoy the build process and watching the steps in TYD. It’s like nothing I ever experienced before when ordering and buying a car.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:48 PM
GoodRevrnd
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 71 Posts

Yup, no problem fitting but it was a hair off-putting how claustrophobic and difficult to get out of with buckets versus when I had only tried a GT3 with buckets and found it to be easy enough haha.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:16 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by WarriorGT
Congrats! I love the gold wheels with the green and red calipers. Looks awesome. I am waiting for my CGTS 4.0 to arrive in June. It was built 2 weeks ago and sitting at the port in Germany. I was very lucky to get one of the last 2023 allocations with no adm and just missed the price increase for 2024. Like yourself, I was originally set on shark blue and had the order in for that but at the last minute, decided to switch to GT Silver for its timeless appearance. I totally feel your excitement! Enjoy the build process and watching the steps in TYD. It’s like nothing I ever experienced before when ordering and buying a car.
Thank you! I am surprised how hard it is to find pictures of other specs that have the green and aurum combo. Congrats on yours! That is very exciting, it will be here before you know it. GT Silver and Shark Blue are practically different cars, totally changes the character. GT Silver is so elegant; looks fantastic. My 987.1S was Arctic Silver.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:18 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by GoodRevrnd
Yup, no problem fitting but it was a hair off-putting how claustrophobic and difficult to get out of with buckets versus when I had only tried a GT3 with buckets and found it to be easy enough haha.
It is definitely a small cabin! Took some getting used to in my 987S. Can't wait to throw the CGTS around in some corners with the buckets!
Old 05-12-2023, 04:24 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,349 Likes on 768 Posts

Congrats! When i was speccing out a CGTS as an alternative if i didn't get the GT4 i went with AGM and Satin Aurum wheels. I think the color combo is fantastic and AGM in person is stunning.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:18 PM
SixEight718
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Congrats! When i was speccing out a CGTS as an alternative if i didn't get the GT4 i went with AGM and Satin Aurum wheels. I think the color combo is fantastic and AGM in person is stunning.
Thank you! I still have a standing agreement with my SA to call me if a new manual GT4 lands in their lap and I will switch over if the spec and price is right. So far, only a PDK has shown up. I started my search right after the GT4 was officially discontinued, unfortunately. Same for Python Green, which was my first choice. You have a beautiful car!

Quick Reply: AGM CGTS 4.0 Set to Arrive in October! Plus notes for very tall drivers