Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Fuel Sender connector location

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2023 | 01:41 PM
ramans
Racer

Default Fuel Sender connector location

Hopped in the car this morning and despite having filled it yesterday with 7 miles travelled it told me I had to put fuel in and is showing empty. I drove to a station and it took .5 of a gallon before clicking off, so no one had siphoned the thank or anything. And of course that was a turn off/turn on cycle.

Next up is for me to look for a connector that maybe came un-plugged, so I'm assuming this is under that front cowl somewhere near the brake fluid? Has anyone messed with this and able to give me more directed info on where to look? Car only has 1000 miles on it so I'm hoping it won't have failed.
Old 04-26-2023 | 10:11 AM
planolemans
Instructor

What you are looking for are electric plug 1 and 2 under the battery (see Figure 4 below)

The other end of this harness is on the fuel sender at the tank.

Last edited by planolemans; 04-26-2023 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-26-2023 | 02:09 PM
ramans
Racer

Thank you that's awesome. After locking the car and leaving it for a few hours it all came back working so don't need to do this now, which is good because it looks like you have to remove the battery and everything.
Old 04-26-2023 | 05:23 PM
planolemans
Instructor

Good luck to you. The other thing I could suggest if this comes up again is that the fuel level sender may need calibration; but that requires draining of the fuel tank. So I hope your problem goes away.
Old 04-27-2023 | 12:35 PM
ramans
Racer

Well it went away after I locked the car, and left it for a few hours and came back. Then I parked it Tuesday evening in my lift in the shop. Wednesday night I lifted it to do the brake fluid change for the upcoming track day, and when I finished took for a spin to make sure everything felt good and it showed empty again . I don't lock the car in the shop at my house, so I wonder if the computers are getting into an odd state. I locked it last night and we'll see when I go tonight to put it on the trailer if it works or not. Interestingly several times when it's been parked in the shop with the windows down, when I first wind them up they go all the way up to the top and then drop right back down again, and I have to wind them up again to get them closed, almost as if they lose their stops.

Quick Reply: Fuel Sender connector location