Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Capping Exhaust Vacuum Line at the T

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 11:20 PM
Half Apple
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Capping Exhaust Vacuum Line at the T

Any issue with this? I have a Dorman (P/N 47388) rubber vacuum cap that's quite snug and fully seated on each outlet of the T. It took some effort to slip it on. It should be airtight but not so stretched as to risk damage to the cap. Over that, from the same kit, I put another rubber cap, which is slightly longer, to act as a sacrificial layer as it ages. I seated it as well as I could to push out any air trapped between the tops of the two layers. It's not as snug as the inner layer but it's not going to come off.

Is this a safe approach?

Thank you.

Old 02-08-2023, 01:41 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,360 Likes on 2,199 Posts

Seems like a good solution to me. When I unplugged the valves on the soul valved rear on the old GTS I used the same caps over the valve nipples (to keep dirt from getting in) and over the vacuum lines. Worked perfect. Did you ruin the clamps when you pulled the braided one off the T?
Old 02-08-2023, 09:25 AM
Half Apple
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I was lucky. All four connection points for the hoses I removed came off with the clips still in place.

Quick Reply: Capping Exhaust Vacuum Line at the T