Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Apple car play install and shifter cable damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 11:29 AM
wizee
Rennlist Member

Received 826 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Yes, the GPS antenna is absent on mine too but I guess they started adding the USB port at some point in time? I bought one off eBay but never bothered to install it as with AA, thats all I use.

This may be it. I did spec the cigarette lighter which is outside the center console behind the shifter. Maybe if you spec that, you get the USB connector in the center console? Porsche options and slight changes year-to-year will always be a mystery.
Mine has a 12V (cigarette lighter style) outlet in the centre console but no USB.
Old 02-08-2023, 02:01 PM
edub
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 191 Posts

This doesn't sound that strange? Carplay cars come with a USB port in the center arm rest, and if they were installing NAV they had to take apart the dash and console to install the nav cable. The shifter link and cables are in that area, and could have been moved or damaged during the work. I couldn't tell you HOW they could possibly make that mistake, the work is relatively simple and does not need to touch the shifter cables.

So, other than the week wait (which is a long time for 2-3hr job imo) and the cables being damaged, the steps taken seem normal.

Quick Reply: Apple car play install and shifter cable damage