Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Tirerack Gt4/spyder $600 a set bridgestone all-seasons

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 05:13 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts
Default Tirerack Gt4/spyder $600 a set bridgestone all-seasons

Just saw tirerack was blowing out these tires for pennies on the dollar. I think they're a fine all-season and at the price it's a pretty good deal for those who run their cars in climates where an all-season is a good idea.

The following 3 users liked this post by Zhao:
0-Day (01-02-2023), Adrift (01-01-2023), IRM (01-02-2023)
Old 01-01-2023, 06:24 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,739 Likes on 2,756 Posts

I saw that a little while ago, if I didn't already have a set mounted up, I would buy another!

I can personally confirm that they have proven themselves throughout the past couple of off seasons, generally I put them on in September and run them through to April.
Old 01-01-2023, 07:05 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 498 Posts

Im going to scoop a set of these to test out next fall.

Does anyone have experience with their Mobile installation service?
Old 01-01-2023, 07:12 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

I have these for my "winter rims" and they are great for the price, did a long distance rally last april and we were driving pretty fast and the grip was impressive on the twisty roads
Old 01-01-2023, 08:54 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

I had the RE98s as winter tires on my 2020 Spyder, On my 2022 Spyder I’m currently running PS4AS for the colder weather. While I prefer the feel of the Michelins to the Bridgestones, the Bridgestone’s performed well enough and at that price it’s a smoking deal
Old 01-01-2023, 09:36 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Thanks.

Since.the Supercar 3s are out of stock, I ordered a set of these for my OEM wheels and will but my stock tires on the Apex wheels. I'm in the south somwe.dont have real winters anyway but my Dunlop's do get sketchy in the cold.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:13 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Would you guys ever switch two sets of tires back and forth on the stock wheels or get another set of wheels for the all season tires to use in colder months?
Old 01-01-2023, 10:24 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
Would you guys ever switch two sets of tires back and forth on the stock wheels or get another set of wheels for the all season tires to use in colder months?
Cost of the second set of wheels is always a consideration, but for me it makes all the sense in the works to have two mounted ready-to-go sets, one for summer and one for winter (or those other 3 seasons).

I do my own seasonal (and track tire) swaps when I want, no need to schedule and a lot less wear and tear (possible damage) to the wheels. Also, if there is ever a time that the summer set has a flat or the road trip is a place that the UHP all-seasons make more sense I can't just make the swap, both over and back.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:31 PM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Cost of the second set of wheels is always a consideration, but for me it makes all the sense in the works to have two mounted ready-to-go sets, one for summer and one for winter (or those other 3 seasons).

I do my own seasonal (and track tire) swaps when I want, no need to schedule and a lot less wear and tear (possible damage) to the wheels. Also, if there is ever a time that the summer set has a flat or the road trip is a place that the UHP all-seasons make more sense I can't just make the swap, both over and back.
Makes total sense. Any recommendations on aftermarket wheels for the colder months that won't break the bank?
Old 01-01-2023, 10:38 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Makes total sense. Any recommendations on aftermarket wheels for the colder months that won't break the bank?
Wheels like the colour of your car are so personal, it is tough to make a recommendation, costs are from reasonable to are-you-kidding prices. Additionally, you 718 model and brake size will determine the requires specifications for the wheels.

I and others bought a set of wheels from Tire Rack that were quite reasonable the Forged One FF10's, not sure if they still list them for the 718's, another there is the OZ series also available through Tire Rack and others.

Also check out Apex Race Parts Explore APEX Wheels (apexraceparts.com), they may still have some deals available, a group buy recently completed which proved to be very popular.

Last edited by Westcoast; 01-01-2023 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:55 PM
qil
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a smoking deal. I bought a set of these last year for twice that price. They are pretty good for November - April in my region, and now that I have the Apex wheels coming in a few days, those will get the Cup2's for the warm months while the RE980 will remain on the OEM wheels.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (01-01-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 10:26 AM
rusmani
Racer

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Wheels like the colour of your car are so personal, it is tough to make a recommendation, costs are from reasonable to are-you-kidding prices. Additionally, you 718 model and brake size will determine the requires specifications for the wheels.

I and others bought a set of wheels from Tire Rack that were quite reasonable the Forged One FF10's, not sure if they still list them for the 718's, another there is the OZ series also available through Tire Rack and others.

Also check out Apex Race Parts Explore APEX Wheels (apexraceparts.com), they may still have some deals available, a group buy recently completed which proved to be very popular.
Appreciate it, thanks!
Old 01-02-2023, 10:31 AM
enduro
Burning Brakes

Received 607 Likes on 350 Posts

@rusmani I have 4 sets of apex wheels across a couple cars and like them quite a bit. They're hubcentric and make correct offsets for these cars and IMO look pretty decent, and IMO are at a good cost vs benefit position.
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (01-02-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 11:19 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,872 Likes on 908 Posts

Most important thing is weight (or lack thereof) as lighers wheels make a huge difference in handling as they reduce unsprung weight. Of course, bad quality and flow formed wheels end up being weaker and can fail or bend easily so forged is the way to go.

Getting hubcentic wheels as well as the right offsets and the ability to clear PCCBs (if you have them) is essential.
Old 01-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,827 Likes on 997 Posts

Probably best for another thread but never had a problem with lug centric rim mounting. I've used lug centric and been well over 200kph on them without issue in multiple cars.

Rims are not perfectly round. A lug centric rim still does the job of centering it if it is installed well. Tires are also not perfectly round. No matter how perfectly you center a rim you're driving on an oval even with discounting that the tire that is constantly being deformed. a hub centric rim isn't perfectly centered either.

As far as I am concerned hub centric is for eliminating user error with installation and has little impact on the real world if both lug and hub centric rims are mounted proper because the tolerances for being out of perfection on a lug centric vs hub centric rim pale in comparison to the tolerances in other respects to that rim and tire combo.

Last edited by Zhao; 01-02-2023 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Tirerack Gt4/spyder $600 a set bridgestone all-seasons