Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

OFFICIAL - Configuration/Spec/Build Input

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 10:52 AM
NieFolgen
Advanced

Received 79 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxtop
There are some other differences between the standard trim and the brushed aluminum that you may want to consider. 1) The standard trim is plastic while the brushed aluminum is metal, and 2) the standard trim has been reported to create a glare when the sun hits it while the brushed aluminum does not.
Interesting points on the trim. Since I've been convinced to skip the Race-Tex sun visors, I think I'll allocate those funds to the brushed aluminum instead!

Originally Posted by santiago660
There's a factory option for replacing "718 Cayman GTS" with "718" at no extra charge. Configurator/Exterior/Model Designation Logo on Rear Changed to "718"
Also, look into
Configurator/Exterior/"PORSCHE" Logo in Satin Black for $220.
Yeah, I noticed the option to have simply "718" but I wish I could get just "GTS". All Caymans of this generation are 718s but not all 718s are GTSs.

Furthermore, it seems 718 isn't even really an appropriate nomenclature for a car with the 4.0 flat six... I'll probably just keep it as-is for now and mod it to just a centered "GTS" badging at a later point if I get sick of all the letters on the back.

Originally Posted by sin911
Today I saw pics of a GTS with Espresso/Cognac interior on the forum and the Cognac was quite lighter than I thought it would be. Was hoping for a bit darker, more caramel/orange hues. So you've definitely made the right choice with Espresso alone as it will give the car an elegant yet sporty look compared to Espresso/Cognac, which is dialing down the sportiness. And almost everyone has the black leather/race-tex interior, glad you're going with a rarer full Espresso leather. Wish that was an option for the Spyder...

In regards to plastic Silver vs Aluminum Trim, it does look quite nicer to be honest, gives a touch more expensive and elevated feel. Aluminum Shift **** is a rare free option if I'm not mistaken on the GTS. You'll spend more time behind the wheel in the cabin of the car than the exterior, therefore if it makes enough of a difference to you then you should get it. Because even though you can add the aluminum dash strips and center console, the door trim is permanently on there, and cannot upgrade down the line. You know what they say: do it once, do it right. This was an expensive lesson I learned over the years modifying cars.
Yeah, I see your point on the Espresso being more luxurious than the GTS interior package with Race-Tex but more sporty than two-toned. Probably is a good compromise between the two.

Also appears many have similar feelings on the brushed aluminum trim and that it is worth it... I'm convinced! Will have to look into the aluminum shift ****. Thanks!

Originally Posted by gallucho
I did not upgrade my visors- no regrets. The two tone leather is more interesting. You may not have the allocation for either, but the roof delete button is worth far more than $2,000.
This green color looks better on 718 than 911. IMO. Leather steering column yes. Bose sounds good. Cheap seats are ok. I got some preium package items, but not the whole package. The steering wheel looks nicer with no buttons. The audio buttons are not far away. The standard plastic interior trim metallic pieces look nice to me.
Have fun!
If anything, it does seem like the two-toned interior makes sense on a convertible if only for the fact that you get lighter leather interior on the seats. I've always liked a lighter interior for those hot days. Thanks for all the feedback!
Old 12-27-2022, 11:07 AM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 117 Posts

If I were getting a Boxster I would definitely change the shiny plastic trim for something else to avoid glare. And agree those dollars are better spent on a main feature of the interior i/s/o the visors. And as others have suggested, if the visors continue to bother you they can be fixed where as the door trim cannot. I'd also suggest doing some research on the brushed aluminum shift ****. Some have reported it can get hot sitting in the sun and IMHO the design is a little wonky (i.e. sides in brushed, top part shiny).
Old 12-27-2022, 01:40 PM
boss2k
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

Quick question on my build i chose Leather Interior in Black, AZ and Seat Centers in Deviated Leather, XVN with red color but build pics do not show the seat center back and bottom in red color, is that the website or am i chosing something incorrectly?
Old 12-27-2022, 01:45 PM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
Quick question on my build i chose Leather Interior in Black, AZ and Seat Centers in Deviated Leather, XVN with red color but build pics do not show the seat center back and bottom in red color, is that the website or am i chosing something incorrectly?
Yeah, the configurator does not show deviated leather or stitching.
The following users liked this post:
boss2k (12-27-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 02:54 PM
santiago660
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NieFolgen
Yeah, I noticed the option to have simply "718" but I wish I could get just "GTS". All Caymans of this generation are 718s but not all 718s are GTSs.
Furthermore, it seems 718 isn't even really an appropriate nomenclature for a car with the 4.0 flat six... I'll probably just keep it as-is for now and mod it to just a centered "GTS" badging at a later point if I get sick of all the letters on the back.
Check this out: https://www.718forum.com/threads/par...e.17486/page-2
Looks like a 981 part.
NieFolgen (12-28-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 03:01 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 727 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by sonicworld
I'd also suggest doing some research on the brushed aluminum shift ****. Some have reported it can get hot sitting in the sun and IMHO the design is a little wonky (i.e. sides in brushed, top part shiny).
I have it and have not had any issues so far. IDK if you leave the top down in dead summer heat and then come back to the car it may get hot, cannot comment. Tend to put the top up if I'm leaving the car alone for a while.
Old 01-01-2023, 05:35 PM
NieFolgen
Advanced

Stumbled upon this C&D article today and their test car is Aventurine on Espresso!

Car & Driver - Our 2022 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0 Is a Love Boat on Wheels

Last edited by NieFolgen; 01-01-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:38 AM
confused66
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 64 Posts

The one thing I would option (which I haven't see addressed here) is that though the "multi-button" steering wheel might not pls the eyes, it's really handy in Philly and other cold places as it's the only way to get a heated steering wheel. I love mine and recommend to anyone getting a P-car in a cold clime. My 2 cents!

PS beautiful build (minus the heated steering wheel, of course '-) )
BoxKing (02-05-2023)
Old 02-06-2023, 01:11 AM
NieFolgen
Advanced

Originally Posted by confused66
The one thing I would option (which I haven't see addressed here) is that though the "multi-button" steering wheel might not pls the eyes, it's really handy in Philly and other cold places as it's the only way to get a heated steering wheel. I love mine and recommend to anyone getting a P-car in a cold clime. My 2 cents!

PS beautiful build (minus the heated steering wheel, of course '-) )
As much as I love the minimalist look of the wheel with no buttons, I wanted the Premium Package and figured the heated wheel may be useful as you noted!

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL - Configuration/Spec/Build Input