Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Satin Aurum Wheels with Gentian Blue - Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022 | 02:13 AM
SukSquezeBangBlo
Intermediate

Why not have two sets of wheels to change between . I’m selling a set of Gt4 wheels in gloss black if anyone wants to paint them. Reach out !
The following users liked this post:
MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 03:04 AM
Scrounger
Instructor

Personally, Gentian looks best with silver wheels.
The following 3 users liked this post by Scrounger:
6IXSPD (12-21-2022), Ken in San Diego (12-27-2022), MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 04:39 AM
Warwick Morris
Pro

Originally Posted by Scrounger
Personally, Gentian looks best with silver wheels.
I'm with you. Plus black calipers.
MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 05:50 AM
CDR
Rennlist Member

I have Gentian with Satin Aurum wheels and love them. I have only had positive comments. I even have red callipers.
The following 3 users liked this post by CDR:
6IXSPD (12-21-2022), MotoFanatic (12-21-2022), UncleDude (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 08:01 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

I wish people would learn to stop asking this forum for color choices. Nothing could possibly be more subjective.

I've said it before. This is the equivalent of asking your friends if they think your wife is hot. Maybe without the Freudian element, but still.

I just can't see how this is in any way helpful.
The following 2 users liked this post by manifold danger:
6IXSPD (12-21-2022), MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 10:25 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

If you like gold wheels that will be a great combo.

Me? I saw satin aurum wheels were available and I just had to have them. Changed my order from agate grey to aventurine green because I thought they would go well with a green car. Aventurine Green wasn't green enough so when the car was caught in the con-rod stop sale, I reordered with Porsche Racing Green Metallic. The satin aurum looked great on both. Saw a new Shark Blue with the satin aurum at Cars and Coffee last weekend. Loved them on that.

For me there are just a fabulous look and I think they would go great with the Gentian Blue. Sounds like you are more on the fence. Get what you love.

MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 10:45 AM
MotoFanatic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0-Day
Red and gold together?!? Totally gross, Who would ever do such an atrocious thing?...

I like your response. Too funny.

Originally Posted by manifold danger
I wish people would learn to stop asking this forum for color choices. Nothing could possibly be more subjective.

I've said it before. This is the equivalent of asking your friends if they think your wife is hot. Maybe without the Freudian element, but still.

I just can't see how this is in any way helpful.
In general I agree with you and it is subjective but I argue that in some cases, these types of questions might be justifiable. In my case, not having seen the color combo in person nor have I seen each color individually and being that there are so many pictures with color variations of the wheel/car, I wanted to illicit peoples' opinion that have actually seen the color combo in person. Don't get me wrong, I also appreciate the feedback from those that have not seen it in person.

Using your analogy of "asking my friends if they think your wife is hot". If my friends came back to me and told me that my wife is hot but we make a terrible couple. For the sake of argument, let's say she treats me like dirt. I might take that into consideration as to whether we should stay together. But you are right though, ultimately it would be my decision and what I like. Maybe I like being treated like dirt.

I don't want to take this too off topic but I did want to share why I, and maybe others, ask these subjective type questions. When spending this kind of money sight unseen, I like to gather as much information as possible. Unfortunately that limits me to just pictures, reviews, the configurator and great forums like this. And as someone already pointed out, we see how accurate the configurator is.

I'd like to stay on topic and say I appreciate your feedback and everyone else's. And I have to say, I don't think the red calipers look all that bad.

-Moto
NastyHabits (12-23-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 11:35 AM
ronbauer
Pro

I may be a little different than the average person on color, but I think the Satin Aurum wheels look good on every color out there! I went with Python Green, pictured below. I also was swayed into black calipers, but would have been plenty happy with the red calipers.

Also including a picture of my friend's 981 GT4 in Sapphire Blue with my wheels on it. His car was mainly for autocross, and in order to fit 18" wheels he bought calipers from an earlier car for the front, hence the yellow calipers up front. Nevertheless, that gives a really good variety of blue with gold.

For me, the Gentian Blue is a beautiful color, but does blend in under a lot of different lights. The gold wheels will help it stand out, if that matters to you.

Ron

MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 12:48 PM
Kevin2
6th Gear

Default GB/Aurum

Originally Posted by MotoFanatic
Just curious, for those that purchased Satin Aurum wheels with their GB paint, if there were any regrets. In particular on a GT4. The reason I ask is because I've seen some really good pictures with it on but I've also seen some that were just okay. I've never seen it in person. And for the sake of argument, let's assume black calipers.

Input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-Moto
I have a 2021 GB metallic Spyder with Aurum wheels and I love the combination. I added an "aurum" Porsche decal at the bottom of the doors that does a great job of tying the wheels together and integrating the wheels with the car body.

The gold decal ties the wheels together and integrates the wheels with the body better. However, since I have already done this, no one else is allowed to do it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin2:
MotoFanatic (12-21-2022), UncleDude (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 12:49 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Good looking car; me like.
MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 12:56 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin2
I have a 2021 GB metallic Spyder with Aurum wheels and I love the combination. I added an "aurum" Porsche decal at the bottom of the doors that does a great job of tying the wheels together and integrating the wheels with the car body.

The gold decal ties the wheels together and integrates the wheels with the body better. However, since I have already done this, no one else is allowed to do it.
Where'd you get the decals from? I'm trying to have some stripes added to my Spyder and several local sources have said that gold material (or whatever they call it) is hard to find right now. I want to run some stripes just like these but with gold borders instead of silver.

MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 01:09 PM
prof.nano
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sin911
This statement I agree with 1000%! Saw on Instagram a GT4 RS in Gentian Blue with Weissgold wheels and it just looked incredible... Neodyme is too yellow/bronze for my taste. But to each is own.
I also love the subtle look of white gold. I owned a guards red GT4 with aurum wheels and really liked the color, though I did find that the aurum had a bit too much yellow. The neodyme wheels on my GT4 RS are simply sensational. With neodyme, the yellow is toned down and is almost like a slightly bronzed version of white gold. Just my $0.02. In the end, it is all down to personal preference.
MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 01:18 PM
Kevin2
6th Gear

I believe I got the gold Porsche decals from SunCoastparts.com. However, I just checked again and now they don't have the gold. Sorry.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kevin2:
MotoFanatic (12-21-2022), SpyderSenseOC (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 01:23 PM
SukSquezeBangBlo
Intermediate

The paint code for them is OP9 if anyone is looking to match the gold color
MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022 | 01:26 PM
prof.nano
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 0-Day
Red and gold together?!? Totally gross, Who would ever do such an atrocious thing?...

This is EXACTLY what I say to people when explaining my choice of primary colors on my 4RS Guards red, neodyme wheels, black calipers. It helps that the car also has several CF and black components that contrast nicely against the brightness of the red and gold ... et voila:

The following 2 users liked this post by prof.nano:
Larry Cable (12-28-2022), MotoFanatic (12-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Satin Aurum Wheels with Gentian Blue - Regrets?