Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Build Judgment

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 11:41 AM
absame
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by hungryhippo
Thank you all for the insight, I truly appreciate it. I’ve decided to just stay with the premium package instead of selecting a couple items that I still wanted. Sounds silly, but the price difference wasn’t much with a few piecemeal things selected.

The one thing I’m almost unwilling to sacrifice is the European delivery. I’ve waited 9 months for this spot and have made it clear from my initial communication that I wanted euro delivery. For them to now say it might be September of next year, am I nuts to say that’s fine and wait again? I just feel that if I was told initially it’s possible without issue and now feel pressured to order without it is a little disingenuous. So, if push comes to shove, I think I’ll forego it and rejoin the wait.

Thoughts?
What would be your delivery date without ED? I've done ED but I wouldn't wait months to do it. I'd rather be driving my car. You can possibly do delivery at the porsche experience center in Altanta or LA and do a factory tour another time without doing delivery there. ED is great, but I wouldn't wait months to do it. Just my opinion.
Old 12-13-2022, 11:49 AM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by hungryhippo
Thank you all for the insight, I truly appreciate it. I’ve decided to just stay with the premium package instead of selecting a couple items that I still wanted. Sounds silly, but the price difference wasn’t much with a few piecemeal things selected.

The one thing I’m almost unwilling to sacrifice is the European delivery. I’ve waited 9 months for this spot and have made it clear from my initial communication that I wanted euro delivery. For them to now say it might be September of next year, am I nuts to say that’s fine and wait again? I just feel that if I was told initially it’s possible without issue and now feel pressured to order without it is a little disingenuous. So, if push comes to shove, I think I’ll forego it and rejoin the wait.

Thoughts?
Euro Delivery is an amazing experience, but with that said, I would not take the chance of saying no to an allocation/order at this point.
Old 12-13-2022, 01:26 PM
Jim Rockford
Burning Brakes

Received 493 Likes on 265 Posts

Get the steering column in leather. You look in that area frequently by nature and it’s one of my favorite options. I didn’t expect it to have as much visual impact as it does.
would skip power steering plus. The steering at low speed is borderline alarmingly light as it is
the Porsche wordmark on the console armrest is also one of my favorite options.

Last edited by Jim Rockford; 12-13-2022 at 01:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Build Judgment