Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Cayman GTS 4.0 differential locking???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 09:53 AM
B-Rapid 718
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts

I noticed this happening in my CGTS after rotating the tires. It feels like there is a rock under one tire and slides. But I do not have any rocks on my driveway. I do have to fully crank the wheel to back out into the roadway.
Old 12-05-2022, 09:35 AM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by gregturek
We are in the middle of the break-in (550mi) of our 2023 CGTS 4.0. For the last week or so we are noticing what feels like a locked differential when making tight turns such as in and out of our garage or shopping center parking spaces. It feels like one or two skips as the tire is dragged and releases.

At first we noticed this when the car was cold, but now it happened a couple times when the car is fully warmed up.

Is this common? Just a part of the early mile break-in as parts mate up? Thanks!
Kind of goes clunk, clunk when turning? That's probably cold tires. Once they warm up (and it doesn't take long) it stops. I've had that issue in the winter for years parking a car with PS4s in an open garage. I'm in Atlanta and while it doesn't get really cold, if the temps drop to 40 or less, this consistently happens. By the time I leave the parking deck, it stops.
The following users liked this post:
gregturek (12-05-2022)