Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Pull the trigger on a 4RS given current economic conditions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 09:44 PM
idkwhatiamdoing
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
So the dealership is asking around or north of $100k ADM? Yeah, that's a hard pass. That is just loco. If you will be financing major part of it as well, it doesn't make too much financial sense. Maybe in 20 years these cars will be worth $400k or more, who knows? Can you afford to gamble with it? If things turn sour economically will you look to unload in a year, if so then you should pass. In my personal opinion a GT4 RS is not worth $300k.

In less than a year you will most likely find much better deals on a GT4 RS as the economy further deteriorates and demand falls.
Dealer was asking for close to 100K ADM. The questions you posed were exactly what I posed to myself. I guess I have now made my decision.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:46 PM
idkwhatiamdoing
AutoX

Originally Posted by dmboone25
Can I use my credit card for the down payment? I am pretty sure it will cover the balance.
Got to move up a little more, your credit card should cover the whole car
The following users liked this post:
dmboone25 (12-01-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 09:47 PM
idkwhatiamdoing
AutoX

Originally Posted by daaa nope
How is the 997.2 GT3RS 4.0 market doing? Would those have survived a 100-125k ADM when new? Granted there were FAR FAR fewer of those than the GT4RS, but the GT3RS 4.0 also didn't have "last new ICE car" hanging over its head either.

Financing most of 300k... can you even GET car financing that's going to cover 50% over MSRP??
So you cannot finance the ADM and I am guessing Porsche/some credit union would have let me finance the rest of it. I was planning on paying the ADM and 25% (50% originally but the dealer increased the ADM) of the car right off the bat and financing the rest which would be around 150K.

Last edited by idkwhatiamdoing; 11-30-2022 at 09:51 PM. Reason: just more details
Old 11-30-2022, 09:48 PM
idkwhatiamdoing
AutoX

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Jesus Christ guys, it’s a troll post. First post, screen name, content? Seriously, how do you RL vets not spot this immediately?
uhh unfortunately I am not trolling I have no idea how to show proof but hey, whatever makes you sleep at night
Old 11-30-2022, 09:54 PM
idkwhatiamdoing
AutoX

Originally Posted by boss2k
OP your username is very apt as you are insane spending 300K on GT4RS not even a GT3/2. Thats a supercar price and GT4RS is not a supercar
The 4RS was my dream car, sometimes you cannot put a price on that.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,036 Likes on 2,300 Posts

Originally Posted by idkwhatiamdoing
The 4RS was my dream car, sometimes you cannot put a price on that.
If you are willing to pay a $75k ADM you should have no problem getting an allocation today, at $50k it'll get harder but as time goes on the ADM will come down.
The following users liked this post:
dnimi123 (12-01-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 10:20 PM
idkwhatiamdoing
AutoX

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
If you are willing to pay a $75k ADM you should have no problem getting an allocation today, at $50k it'll get harder but as time goes on the ADM will come down.
I was willing to pay the ADM but they have stopped allowing options that I want on the car so there is no point
Old 12-01-2022, 08:42 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

So you cannot finance the ADM and I am guessing Porsche/some credit union would have let me finance the rest of it. I was planning on paying the ADM and 25% (50% originally but the dealer increased the ADM) of the car right off the bat and financing the rest which would be around 150K.
Surely if you’re in a position to consider this car you would understand a bank would probably not finance more than the car is worth on paper. Loan to value. Just like trying to get a mortgage on a home after bidding over asking and the appraisal comes in lower. You must cover the difference. In this case that would be 20% of MSRP + ADM + Taxes + Fees. So no, you cannot finance the majority, in my estimation.

Last edited by LISsailor; 12-01-2022 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:59 AM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 449 Posts

Firstly thank you everyone for your inputs. After much deliberation, I decided to pass on the opportunity to buy the car.

My use case for the car was going to be to track it but, given that I could not spec it out how I wanted to, that was the breaking point.

For those of you who think that I am trolling, I am not. This just happens to be my first post and wanted to hear what others thought.
Dealers will take what you give. They are making the rounds to see what the upper limits of ADM are. Maybe someone will pay it, but likely you may get a call asking for a lower ADM price. My advice is not do business with them.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:31 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,745 Likes on 2,120 Posts

Firstly thank you everyone for your inputs. After much deliberation, I decided to pass on the opportunity to buy the car.
Welcome to RL!

Enjoy the conversation. There are at least 2 large active threads on ADM; one specific to the RS

Quick Reply: Pull the trigger on a 4RS given current economic conditions?