Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Purchase advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2022 | 09:21 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

IMHO its all on the OP for being in this situation. Who in their right mind would agree to a purchase like this? The "Want" was bigger than prudence. And that is with all the internet posted warnings about how not to get involved in something like this.
The following users liked this post:
Zhao (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022 | 11:17 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Honestly,
IF the balance was only 29k I would consider paying it off as ridiculous as it sounds.
Suing someone with no money is a losing proposition even if you are trying to make a statement and hold them accountable.
IF no one ever pays it off they can repo it and you would be stuck paying it anyway at that point.

Old 11-20-2022 | 02:49 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by poofyo101
IF no one ever pays it off they can repo it and you would be stuck paying it anyway at that point.
Excellent point. If the seller defaults on the existing loan, Porsche Financial gets the car, game over.
Old 11-20-2022 | 02:57 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Again, ask the seller to get another loan (from his bank or whatever) to pay off Porsche Financing so you can be rid of this unnecessary drama. Not your fault his employee took off with the money you paid to the seller.
Old 11-20-2022 | 03:02 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sin911
Again, ask the seller to get another loan (from his bank or whatever) to pay off Porsche Financing so you can be rid of this unnecessary drama. Not your fault his employee took off with the money you paid to the seller.
Thinking more about the plausibility of the employee taking the money, it seems very unlikely. If the theft was small amounts over time, then the seller would probably still have the financial wherewithal to handle their debts. If the theft was the entire check from the buyer, then it should be quickly recovered without an elongated legal preceding. It seems neither are true. And in this situation, the buyer should absolutely get an attorney or police involved.

Last edited by LISsailor; 11-20-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2022 | 03:09 PM
justbob
Instructor

Time to lawyer up.
Larry Cable (11-21-2022)
Old 11-20-2022 | 05:36 PM
gatorfast
Burning Brakes

Yikes, I have never purchased a car from an individual but certainly know enough to never agree to a transaction like the OP. You should have paid PFS directly or had an escrow agent involved. Why would you just cut a check to someone who doesn't have the title? Hate to rub salt in your wound but come on this was beyond naive.
Old 11-20-2022 | 11:12 PM
rp2000r
Rennlist Member

Am I the only one who wants to know who the Youtuber is?
I live in Wa area and watch quite a bit of car stuff/channels and can’t figure it out..
Old 11-21-2022 | 09:06 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

The seller seems to be a scam artist or may be he is living in the metaverse
don't give him anymore time .You already waited too long
bad situation all around .Unfortunately , you are going to have to spend money to get things right.
at least start with a consultation with a lawyer in that state and see what are your options and what will be maximum cost if the lawyer is retained , so at least you have a good idea how to resolve this .
Old 11-21-2022 | 09:14 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

If OP lawyers up and opens up a lawsuit the seller probably will not pay another cent to Porsche Financing and may end up losing the car as well while waiting for 2-3 years or more to settle the case with the court.

The smartest way to resolve it seems to be to have the seller acquire another financing to pay off the remaining loan to Porsche so OP can walk away with the title without dealing with lawyers and courts.

Don’t give two craps about this ‘influencer’ a*hole that is causing so much headache to OP. Just thinking logically what may be the best course of action and resolve the issue ASAP for OP.

Of course the first thing would be to confirm with Porsche Financing that the seller has actually been paying down the loan.
Old 11-21-2022 | 11:20 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

If OP lawyers up and opens up a lawsuit the seller probably will not pay another cent to Porsche Financing and may end up losing the car as well while waiting for 2-3 years or more to settle the case with the court.

The smartest way to resolve it seems to be to have the seller acquire another financing to pay off the remaining loan to Porsche so OP can walk away with the title without dealing with lawyers and courts.

Don’t give two craps about this ‘influencer’ a*hole that is causing so much headache to OP. Just thinking logically what may be the best course of action and resolve the issue ASAP for OP.

Of course the first thing would be to confirm with Porsche Financing that the seller has actually been paying down the loan.
if the seller was a decent person, he would have already done that .It has been 7 months and just the idea of having op wait to a get the title is at best ridiculous
even if the story of employee is true , why put a stranger in a bind .Take a home equity loan etc and make the buyer whole, then sort stuff with the police or whatever you have to do
this is why I think the whole thing is a scam
The following 2 users liked this post by pitt911:
josephr25 (11-21-2022), Larry Cable (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022 | 04:16 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Have you given the seller an ultimatum/deadline to resolve this issue? If not, start with that and give him a week. If nothing happens in a week you basically need to tell him that you've retained a lawyer and are filing a police report for grand theft for basically stealing your $100k. As others mentioned, if he defaults on the loan, you and the car are toast and PFS will repo the car and then you'll be out the car and the money.

With 7 months passing, I don't think you need to be nice to him and hide his You Tube ID. After a week, this should all go public.
josephr25 (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022 | 04:40 PM
PaulE
Rennlist Member

OP GT3RS has 9 posts and hasn't responded to any of the replies here. Wondering if the whole thing is a tall tale or we have scared him away.
gatorfast (11-22-2022)
Old 11-21-2022 | 04:41 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

The seller getting another loan will just result in another lien on the car. Accomplishes nothing. File a police report and never give a seller the cash and trust them to pay off the lien holder. Pay off the lien holder directly.
Old 11-21-2022 | 05:05 PM
GT3RS2
AutoX

Originally Posted by PaulE
OP GT3RS has 9 posts and hasn't responded to any of the replies here. Wondering if the whole thing is a tall tale or we have scared him away.
I'm around and reading replies. A deadline has been given to the seller and I'm not going to provide additional details publicly in case this heads to court. If someone wants to PM me and discuss anything offline then I'm happy to do it. If anyone has dealt with something similar in WA or thinks they know someone I should speak to that would help me out with this then please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by GT3RS2; 11-21-2022 at 06:25 PM.
PaulE (11-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Purchase advice