Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GoPro Mounts for Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 03:20 AM
ltfl09
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 88 Posts
Default GoPro Mounts for Spyder

I was looking for a sturdy way for a GoPro to mount behind me on a Spyder. I tried a suction cup on that plastic part between driver and passenger seats - it ended up sliding off when I was driving. Any solutions?
Old 10-18-2022, 04:20 AM
Ramon Vennik
Racer

Received 187 Likes on 107 Posts

Didn't have the problem on that spot, but https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...INDSCREEN.html an put the suction cup on that should work.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:59 AM
nineball
Pro

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

on the bar behind you.... i run a track cam in this spot in my cayman

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-18-2022, 12:49 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,695 Likes on 2,732 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
on the bar behind you.... i run a track cam in this spot in my cayman

https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-Jaws-Cl.../dp/B00F19Q2R0
Except the Spyder has no such bar...
Old 10-18-2022, 12:51 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltfl09
I was looking for a sturdy way for a GoPro to mount behind me on a Spyder. I tried a suction cup on that plastic part between driver and passenger seats - it ended up sliding off when I was driving. Any solutions?
I did it with a suction cup on the back of the passenger seat which was slid a bit forward to get the correct viewing angle... depends on how smooth the track is, there was some camera shake.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:17 PM
Ramon Vennik
Racer

took the gopro box and used the suction cup and mount and voila
Old 10-18-2022, 01:26 PM
nineball
Pro

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Except the Spyder has no such bar...
sure looks like a bar to me....

Old 10-18-2022, 01:43 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Ahhh Yes, the hi-mount stop light... that bar is not flat and I would not clamp anything to it and the suction cup would attach more securely to deck lid as shown by @Ramon Vennik

Additionally, the bar in the Cayman is inside and not blocked by the wind deflector.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:54 PM
Ramon Vennik
Racer

don’t put a clamp in that piece of plastic
The following users liked this post:
CDACH (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 02:15 PM
CDACH
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 74 Posts

The visibility out the back is already limited, I would not make it worse personally. Just do a window mount up high on the right out of the way. I know we all want to watch ourselves drive, but don't screw up your visibility to do it.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:51 PM
nineball
Pro

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Ahhh Yes, the hi-mount stop light... that bar is not flat and I would not clamp anything to it and the suction cup would attach more securely to deck lid as shown by @Ramon Vennik

Additionally, the bar in the Cayman is inside and not blocked by the wind deflector.

have you ever used the mount i linked? surely you don't think a forum user would just randomly link something without any knowledge of it, do you? people comment without any real knowledge all the time but typically a link to a product is based on actual use of it and facts, not feelz.

i have used it at tracks across the country for years with no issue. the clamp is strong enough to hold it in place yet it will do no damage from pressure and the actual clamping areas are lined with soft rubber pads. again, no damage and it is quite capable of being used on a non-flat bar.

do you have a solid black deflector? all i have seen are quite capable of letting a camera shoot through the clear screen however if one wants a totally free and clear shot then the camera could be positioned above the deflector. personally i would want it in place as an extra layer of protection for the camera but that is just one school of thought.

Old 10-18-2022, 06:17 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

have you ever used the mount i linked? surely you don't think a forum user would just randomly link something without any knowledge of it, do you? people comment without any real knowledge all the time but typically a link to a product is based on actual use of it and facts, not feelz.

i have used it at tracks across the country for years with no issue. the clamp is strong enough to hold it in place yet it will do no damage from pressure and the actual clamping areas are lined with soft rubber pads. again, no damage and it is quite capable of being used on a non-flat bar.

do you have a solid black deflector? all i have seen are quite capable of letting a camera shoot through the clear screen however if one wants a totally free and clear shot then the camera could be positioned above the deflector. personally i would want it in place as an extra layer of protection for the camera but that is just one school of thought.
Nope, never tried it, if I were to put my GoPro back there, I would use the suction cup mount that I already have. Of course then I would have to run with the top down, not all tracks around here permit that.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:17 PM
nineball
Pro

well since we don't now the OP's intentions track driving is just an assumption, but if it is the suction cup mount method wouldn't solve the issue as you suggested since the top would be down it doesn't really matter. given those details this situation would most likely happen on the street where either solution would work. the clamp just makes the mount more versatile in a different way than the suction cup, so each have their benefits.
Old 10-19-2022, 02:22 AM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 300 Posts

The following users liked this post:
nineball (10-20-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 11:22 AM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^^^ Interesting @Cyclman I wonder if my suction cup mount would grip there too...

Quick Reply: GoPro Mounts for Spyder