Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Raise LWBS height?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 01:35 PM
rcfun33
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Raise LWBS height?

Is there any way to raise the height of the LWBS above what can be done with the stock electric height adjustment? I've tried searching and I can find info on seat angle adjusters. I also see that the memory foam option on the P1 Designs inserts will give a slight height increase.

My wife is 5'2" and doesn't feel like she can see over the steering wheel well even when the seats are adjusted to their highest location and the steering wheel is at its lowest position. She thinks she would like about another 2" of height.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-17-2022, 01:59 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,044 Likes on 559 Posts

Is she used to driving a sports car? You normally sit lower than say in a SUV where you can see over the hood much better.

My wife is shorter than yours and she has the same complaints when driving the 991 when I had it. She is simply not used to driving a low car that does not give her a commanding view of the road ahead when she was in a van or SUV.

I would talk to the vendor that sells parts that help with getting a more reclined LWBS position. Maybe you can install the same thing at the back to raise the whole seat up. Or they can custom make something for you.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:21 AM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 455 Posts

P1 inserts will not increase the seat height by much, they are memory foam and are designed for increase comfort, not to raise the actual profile of the seating position.

Buy 4 of these and stack them up, relatively inexpensive and will be mostly compatible with our LWBs and still look OEM to get the seating position to a more acceptable height.
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (10-18-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 11:58 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,061 Likes on 547 Posts

If you raise the seat rails with shims the back bolts won’t be an issue but the fronts will due to the angled attachment.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:22 PM
rcfun33
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for the comments. I checked the P1 designs website and they state their memory foam inserts raise the seating position by about 1/2", so not a lot as stated by NCheok.

It sounds like people like the TPC recliner brackets. I may contact them and see if they would be interested in producing a custom solution. I have no idea what that would cost, but perhaps they could then offer it as a standard product.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-19-2022, 09:11 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 455 Posts

Here's one thing people won't tell you about "recliner brackets".

If you're vertically challenged, it will make your driving experience even worse, puts you further away from the pedals and steering wheel.

Even if it didn't, it altered the way the accelerator is engaged because of the seating position for folks on the shorter side.

I removed mine after a week because I hated the way the car drove because of the pedal engagement change.

Don't fit any brackets even if they are able to increase the height and further reduce the recline to compensate, because it will alter everyone's driving experience including yours.

Those Bride seat foam boosters are a 5 seconds swap, when your Wife is done driving, you can just take them away. Best of both worlds, everybody wins.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:38 AM
Prime
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

Good to go. Already has the same form and style as LWBS!

The following 2 users liked this post by Prime:
Larry Cable (10-20-2022), Reedy (10-20-2022)

Quick Reply: Raise LWBS height?