Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Help with GT4 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 10:58 PM
hsl521
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with GT4 build

Hi there,
I am submitting my build for end of year delivery and the freeze date is in a couple of days. Can you please rate my build? Before anyone comes for me about getting automatic, sorry don’t know how to drive manual! 😂

also, should I include:
Dashboard Trim Package in Leather / Race-Tex OR Dashboard Trim Package in Leather
Door Trim Package in Leather / Race-Tex (I don’t want any of the silicone bumpy material in the car that comes standard in some of the models)

is Sun Visors in Race-Tex necessary? Not sure what the standard is.

did anyone receive arctic grey yet and if so, are you happy with the color?

thanks!!
Old 10-04-2022, 11:15 PM
MarcusZ
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

I just did some research on this. I recommend:
Dashboard Trim Package in Leather / Race-Tex

I don't know about doors.

I started a recent thread on the dashboard trim package.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:44 AM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,031 Likes on 552 Posts

You have option 58, which gives you leather dash top and door top. Not rubber.

What you are asking is extra leather to cover the plastic pieces around chrono clock, air vent, and odds and end at the front of the door.

Standard visor is plastic. You can get race Tex to match roof liner if desired. Depends who you ask about any options, you can get polar opposite answers.

Last edited by Dyim; 10-05-2022 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:34 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,337 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by hsl521
Hi there,
I am submitting my build for end of year delivery and the freeze date is in a couple of days. Can you please rate my build? Before anyone comes for me about getting automatic, sorry don’t know how to drive manual! 😂

also, should I include:
Dashboard Trim Package in Leather / Race-Tex OR Dashboard Trim Package in Leather
Door Trim Package in Leather / Race-Tex (I don’t want any of the silicone bumpy material in the car that comes standard in some of the models)

is Sun Visors in Race-Tex necessary? Not sure what the standard is.

did anyone receive arctic grey yet and if so, are you happy with the color?

thanks!!
Nice build! Don't worry about getting an "automatic". This is the PDK we are talking about, one of the best transmissions in the world. I myself got my GT4 with PDK as well even though I'm an avid manual driver.

As far as anything to look out for, ive heard the Bose system to be just kind of meh. Not sure how much of an audiophile you are, but personally for me I skipped the Bose and plan on installing a Musicar Stage 1 upgrade in my car which I have heard comes really close to the Burmester Sound System offered in other models. I'd also recommend the smoking package even if you are not a smoker. It adds a little lid to the bin at the end of the center console and gives you an extra charging port via the added lighter addition. You can always remove those and keep the lid and it just cleans up that area. Its also free so doesn't cost any extra.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:21 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 513 Likes on 249 Posts

Yellow stitching with red brake calipers always feel odd to me
Old 10-05-2022, 01:26 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,721 Likes on 2,112 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
As far as anything to look out for, ive heard the Bose system to be just kind of meh. Not sure how much of an audiophile you are, but personally for me I skipped the Bose and plan on installing a Musicar Stage 1 upgrade in my car which I have heard comes really close to the Burmester Sound System offered in other models.
I think you have the Musicar stages mischaracterized, a base stage one is not equivalent to Burm. Here is a thread on Musicar stages and costs.

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-foru...981-991-a.html

The Bose system is fine, drop the Burm tweeters in and call it a day. It’s a direct plug and play for $130.

Old 10-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
I think you have the Musicar stages mischaracterized, a base stage one is not equivalent to Burm. Here is a thread on Musicar stages and costs.

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-foru...981-991-a.html

The Bose system is fine, drop the Burm tweeters in and call it a day. It’s a direct plug and play for $130.
I didn't say the Stage one is equivalent, I said it comes close. Its the Stage 3 that really shines and surpasses based on the research that I have done. Apologize if my own wording isn't clear.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:57 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

I didn't say the Stage one is equivalent, I said it comes close. Its the Stage 3 that really shines and surpasses based on the research that I have done. Apologize if my own wording isn't clear.
I have Stage 1 on Bose system and it’s still OK at best. Not a drastic change to be honest.

OP, not sure about the extra leather trimmings but alcantara sunvisors come with airbag warning signs in the US, which sucks. OE units are plastic with the airbag warning. The best solution would be to purchase them aftermarket from Suncoast or something without the warning signs, but will be the most expensive as well.

If you’re going with steel brakes and yellow stitching I would also recommend getting black calipers.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:00 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

I like the leather/racetex on my dash and doors, it looks much better than plastic. I got the sun visors in leather, I think it will wear better than racetex.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:44 PM
hsl521
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by MarcusZ
I just did some research on this. I recommend:
Dashboard Trim Package in Leather / Race-Tex

I don't know about doors.

I started a recent thread on the dashboard trim package.
Thank you, added.

Originally Posted by Dyim
You have option 58, which gives you leather dash top and door top. Not rubber.

What you are asking is extra leather to cover the plastic pieces around chrono clock, air vent, and odds and end at the front of the door.

Standard visor is plastic. You can get race Tex to match roof liner if desired. Depends who you ask about any options, you can get polar opposite answers.

Thank you!

Nice build! Don't worry about getting an "automatic". This is the PDK we are talking about, one of the best transmissions in the world. I myself got my GT4 with PDK as well even though I'm an avid manual driver.

As far as anything to look out for, ive heard the Bose system to be just kind of meh. Not sure how much of an audiophile you are, but personally for me I skipped the Bose and plan on installing a Musicar Stage 1 upgrade in my car which I have heard comes really close to the Burmester Sound System offered in other models. I'd also recommend the smoking package even if you are not a smoker. It adds a little lid to the bin at the end of the center console and gives you an extra charging port via the added lighter addition. You can always remove those and keep the lid and it just cleans up that area. Its also free so doesn't cost any extra.
Thank you! I added

Originally Posted by Montaver
Yellow stitching with red brake calipers always feel odd to me
I completely agree. I was planning on having it painted yellow after

Originally Posted by sin911
I have Stage 1 on Bose system and it’s still OK at best. Not a drastic change to be honest.

OP, not sure about the extra leather trimmings but alcantara sunvisors come with airbag warning signs in the US, which sucks. OE units are plastic with the airbag warning. The best solution would be to purchase them aftermarket from Suncoast or something without the warning signs, but will be the most expensive as well.

If you’re going with steel brakes and yellow stitching I would also recommend getting black calipers.
Thank you! Very helpful.

Originally Posted by blackland
I like the leather/racetex on my dash and doors, it looks much better than plastic. I got the sun visors in leather, I think it will wear better than racetex.
Thank you!
Old 10-05-2022, 05:51 PM
hsl521
3rd Gear

I've updated my build. My BF is trying to convince me to get Shark Blue instead of Arctic Grey. Another option is Chalk but I have a Chalk Macan S and I will keep it as my "running errands" car which means I will have 2 Chalk cars.
My BF is also saying I really need to add white instrument dials and white chrono stopwatch.... Not sure if it's absolutely necessary? Is this cooler? Haha
I changed the steering wheel to leather because I use a lot of hand sanitizers and lotion and am afraid alcantara won't wear well.
Additionally, I added the EXTENDED DEVIATED STITCHING package and picked Racing Yellow as the stitching color but it reverts my original option from "Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black with Yellow" to "Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black with Silver" and makes me pick a stitching color. From my research, this extended deviated stitching option should include the steering wheel and a few other places, correct? I just want to make sure my vehicle doesn't arrive with silver or silver + yellow haha

Old 10-05-2022, 06:18 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Personally I think Shark Blue is overdone. Yes its a great color but its also not an uncommon blue. I think Arctic Grey is way more unique. But of course that's all subjective. I'm also of the same mentality as you that I don't want both of my cars to be the same color.

As far as the instrument dials go, I stuck with black as I like how it blends in with the dash. I think white could look cool but it might clash with the yellow inside the car. My girlfriend specced out her 911 to have white dials but the interior is white leather with the interior trim painted in blue and with Shark Blue Seatbelts. (no pictures as we don't have an allocation yet) and so I personally think that is a great combination.

At the end of the day its really up to you and what you really want to look at when you are inside the car. Overall though I think you have a really solid build and I personally think an Arctic Grey GT4 is just such a good blend of sleeper and racecar
Old 10-05-2022, 06:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

The Sport Chrono is a waste of money, drop that.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:58 PM
Underblu
Banned

Received 575 Likes on 217 Posts

I would do the lighted carbon fiber door sills. This was inadvertently added when I ordered carbon fiber trim on my 2022 Spyder and it’s one of my favorite options. It really gives the interior that added upscale touch which you see every time you get in and out of the car. It also compliments perfectly the carbon fiber trim.

Funny, I did my dashboard dials in yellow to match my PCCBs but decided on silver stitching and belts. I like that look better than having everything silver/white or yellow.

Last edited by Underblu; 10-05-2022 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:05 PM
CDACH
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 74 Posts

It's all opinion, but I guess that's what you are asking for You may as well add the fire extinguisher. I would not go white on the dials, sort of distracting to me. Painting the calipers yellow could be construed to be pretending to have the ceramic brakes. I would go black. I would stick with the arctic grey. Shark Blue is everywhere now (most popular 992 GT3 color last time I checked). Great car!!!!! Have fun and get it out on the track!!

Quick Reply: Help with GT4 build