Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

FitcamX Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 11:22 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by Der Tgr
Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you! Garmin must have changed the design as mine fits great without touching. It's a shame too because it was a fairly cheap solution....
I think the hood over the clock is a better solution as it not only fixes the camera issue, but takes care of the glare on the windscreen. Someone on here was 3D printing them. Anyone remember that thread?

Last edited by MaddMike; 02-28-2024 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-28-2024, 12:00 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
I think the hood over the clock is a better solution as it not only fixes the camera issue, but takes care of the glare on the windscreen. Someone on here was 3D printing them. Anyone remember that thread?
I remember that - there were two threads that I recall. The 1st was by @Reedy who was modifying a polarizing lens to fit (Chrono Clock Windscreen Reflection Solution - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums)
The 2nd, which I think is the one you're asking about was by @Bob Z. who was working with Tom in California to 3D print a hood - discussed in this thread: Sports Chrono Ring - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
The following users liked this post:
MaddMike (02-28-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 11:30 AM
ronbauer
Pro

Received 524 Likes on 240 Posts

Looking at the videos again, aside from the red dash which seemed way more obvious than the black dash, I wonder whether just wrapping the silver ring of the SC in black would get rid of the biggest problem.

Ron
Old 03-02-2024, 01:34 AM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 741 Likes on 269 Posts

@MaddMike did you order Version A or B for your Spyder? And did you ever install the rear camera yet?

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:15 PM
AndyE1976
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Der Tgr
Looks like a good spot... does the camera have good visibility rearward with it there? Also, does your front camera move slightly when you are pouring the microSD card in? I mean it is pretty solid, but does wiggle a tad when I insert or take out the card....I make sure to use both hands to hold it....
I didn't see any replies to this, but that spot is unlikely to work. I tried the same thing with my rear camera and it just captured the inside of the trunk lid. I had to mount it at the top of the window and allow enough slack for the trunk to open.
Old 05-22-2024, 01:34 AM
PawpaBare
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello all,

So at this point, the Y cable is just included in the kit? I know a few years ago people were having to reach out to the company directly to get that. I just ordered the FitcamX for my incoming car and just trying to figure out if they just plug in play without any additional wiring now.

For the guys/gals who have been running this for awhile how is everything holding up? Any long terms issues experienced?

Thanks,
PB
Old 05-22-2024, 10:57 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PawpaBare
Hello all,

So at this point, the Y cable is just included in the kit? I know a few years ago people were having to reach out to the company directly to get that. I just ordered the FitcamX for my incoming car and just trying to figure out if they just plug in play without any additional wiring now.

For the guys/gals who have been running this for awhile how is everything holding up? Any long terms issues experienced?

Thanks,
PB
Yes, the Y cable is included in the kit.

The only downside I can think of is the Sport Chrono reflection on the windshield. I also have not yet attempted to mount the rear cam.

For the reflection,when I went to go drive the dragon or roads I want footage of, I put electrical tape on the ring of the sport chrono to get clearer video. A shroud or another option would be ideal. The first one I got would not record sound so they sent me a new one. No further issues to report.
Old 05-22-2024, 12:48 PM
TubaFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Is the consensus to still tap into the overhead light for power, or is there a way to tap into the pre-wire for those who optioned it?
Old 05-22-2024, 03:18 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TubaFreak
Is the consensus to still tap into the overhead light for power, or is there a way to tap into the pre-wire for those who optioned it?
The Y-cable is for the overhead light. I do not have the pre-wire but you may want to reach out to FitcamX and see if they have a harness for that.
The following users liked this post:
MrFunk (05-26-2024)

Quick Reply: FitcamX Install