Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Financing Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2022, 01:16 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

For anyone in the Houston area, Wellby Financial has the best current rates I've found. No asterisks beyond the credit score. Don't have to buy additional banking products to get these rates.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:02 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
Bad news for anyone out of state and not in the immediate area of North Carolina. North Carolina Cooperative will only do Auto Loans for those who reside in the state or surrounding area. I wonder if there are any ways around it, like if you have any immediate family in the area then they will make an exception or something.
Maybe they changed their policy. I got an auto loan out of state in NY no problem in 2020. Easy as pie!
Old 08-29-2022, 02:02 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,262 Likes on 707 Posts

Originally Posted by sinking
Did they tell you that personally? The site just says they don't refinance for out of staters.
I applied and it was in the welcome email I received from the credit union. I'm still going to open an account with them as I do have family in the area so maybe an exception can be made. I'll report back but it won't be for a few months.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:09 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 149 Posts

Oh ok , let us know how you make out with ccu!
The following 2 users liked this post by MEM82:
jmjacarn (08-29-2022), Xxyion (08-29-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 03:04 PM
sinking
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

I applied and it was in the welcome email I received from the credit union. I'm still going to open an account with them as I do have family in the area so maybe an exception can be made. I'll report back but it won't be for a few months.
Here's the email my wife got. It just says NJ residents are out of luck for first auto loans.

Welcome! You are just a few steps away from obtaining account membership with Carolina Cooperative Federal Credit Union. You will be receiving a packet in the mail that contains important documents that will need to be reviewed, completed, and returned. Instructions are included to help guide you through the paperwork. Your initial account opening is unavailable electronically, so please watch your USPS mail delivery for your packet. If you have joined the North Carolina Consumer Council, please understand that the membership number given to you by the NCCC is not your savings account number with Carolina Cooperative FCU. Your account number with CCFCU will be assigned once we receive your account opening documents back from you.

If you are applying for a loan, it takes an average of 5 business days once your savings account is open with its deposit. With Carolina Cooperative FCU, you must have at least a savings account to be able to apply for any of our loan products. A copy of your valid driver’s license(required for auto loan applicants) or valid state issued ID is required for your account opening and must have the correct address where you currently live, or we must have address verification. Our lending options do not stop at auto loans. We also offer personal loans, Visa credit cards with exceptional rates, secured loans, and recreational vehicle loans!

We have some limitations regarding our lending platform. Due to tightened restrictions for out of state lenders in the state of New Jersey, we are unable to finance any type of auto loan and apologize for any inconvenience. If you are looking to refinance your current auto loan or are at your end of lease buy out time period, please note that we are only able to refinance auto loans for those who reside in North Carolina or its connecting states, and private vehicle sales are only obtainable within the state of North Carolina.

Once you have completed the documents in your account opening packet, if you wish to expedite the process, you may do so at your expense with the express courier of your choice to Carolina Cooperative FCU, 2515-A W. Roosevelt Blvd, Monroe, NC 28110.

We look forward to having you as one of our members.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:29 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Here's the email my wife got. It just says NJ residents are out of luck for first auto loans.
Oh hmmm I must have mis-understood the wording (typical of me). So it seems like only NJ residents are ineligible? But everyone else is good with new Auto Loans? It does seem like they will only refinance local residents though.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:31 PM
sinking
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Oh hmmm I must have mis-understood the wording (typical of me). So it seems like only NJ residents are ineligible? But everyone else is good with new Auto Loans? It does seem like they will only refinance local residents though.
That's the way I take it.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:37 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

That's the way I take it.
I was still going to open an account so I can talk to a rep afterwards, I'll update
The following users liked this post:
eshney (08-31-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 03:21 PM
SukSquezeBangBlo
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Carolina Cooperative CU is no longer doing 84 month loans. Any other good CUs that are doing 84 month used car loans with similar low rates?
Old 09-21-2022, 03:57 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by SukSquezeBangBlo
Carolina Cooperative CU is no longer doing 84 month loans. Any other good CUs that are doing 84 month used car loans with similar low rates?
lol godammit. I'm literally waiting on them to open my account and was immediately going to apply for an 84 month loan....uuuggghh. I mean I wasn't actually going to finance with them, I was really just going to use their APR as a negotiation point to get under 2% with PFS.

Just checked the website and it looked like they are offering 72 month loans but also their interest rates have gone up a full percent. I was really hoping I could squeeze in and get their 2.25% before rate went up but it looks like I missed that window. Oh well..
Old 09-21-2022, 03:58 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

Locked in with Wellby Financial CU here in Houston yesterday for either 2.99 up to 66 months or 3.49 for 72. I think their 84 is 3.99. Super easy approval process. I don't know if they'll write outside of Houston.

Last edited by TXRubicon; 09-21-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2022, 04:11 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Locked in with Wellby Financial CU here in Houston yesterday for either 2.99 up to 66 months or 3.49 for 72. I think their 84 is 3.99. Super easy approval process. I don't know if they'll write outside of Houston.
the problem for me is that loans are only good for about a month before you have to re-apply. Car still has about 2 months till its here and I don't know when the dealership will reach out to me about financing. So locking a rate in early (which is also ding my credit a tad) may not work. I'm hoping PFS gives good rates to people with good credit score.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:11 AM
dmk2
Three Wheelin'

Received 763 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
For anyone in the Houston area, Wellby Financial has the best current rates I've found. No asterisks beyond the credit score. Don't have to buy additional banking products to get these rates.

Very helpful. Thank you.

Hopefully mine will be here 10/28/22
Old 09-22-2022, 10:57 AM
B-Rapid 718
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stupid delay.

I was suppose to get 1.74% had my car been delivered on time in the month of May. Delays costed me 75 basis points F my life.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:18 AM
nobbyv
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Rapid 718
I was suppose to get 1.74% had my car been delivered on time in the month of May. Delays costed me 75 basis points F my life.
I too had a 1.74% back in April when my car was supposed to be delivered, only to have it be destroyed at sea. Now it's a 3.74%.

Quick Reply: Financing Options