Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Another GT4 finally enters the UK fold - 11mth wait, but worth it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 10:13 AM
Windy Miller
Cruisin'

Received 38 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking Another GT4 finally enters the UK fold - 11mth wait, but worth it!

After an 11 month wait from initial order to delivery, I finally picked it up at the weekend, and TBH I'm still a bit speechless and blown away! Porsche Mayfair in London were amazing from start to finish, ensuring it was a relaxed and special handover. I'm so happy I went with original gut-feeling colour and spec which I chose. One thing's for sure, Python Green has a multitude of hues, it really pops! Zero regrets there, and the black detail with the red flashes for contrast set it all off IMO.

From the moment I enquired about an allocation, pretty much 11 months to the day I picked it up, through all the build delays and unknowns, right up to handing the car over, the experience with Porsche Mayfair was an absolute pleasure.

It's my first ever Porsche, so excuse the excitement when I uncovered it and laid eyes on it for the first time...

A few hi-res pics:

First impressions driving it back home (through central london weekend traffic then onto open roads back home), just incredible! The PDK is a joy, buckets are comfortable, and the noise is intoxicating. I took it out on Sunday to get some miles on the clock, get to know it and explore the power band, gearbox and modes. It really has blown away all my expectations, it feels so special, perfectly balanced and such an all-round complete package. I genuinely can't think of another sports car I'd rather have. I know Python isn't to everyones tastes, but it's a fun weekend car, so I wanted a fun colour that would make me smile each and every time I set eyes on it. I can't wait to open it up properly.

For those of you waiting for yours, stick in there, it's worth it!
The following 9 users liked this post by Windy Miller:
BrianShaw23 (07-19-2022), Chonson (08-29-2022), Guaji (07-19-2022), hamiltonia (07-19-2022), JBM718GTS (07-19-2022), Ken in San Diego (07-19-2022), Larry Cable (07-19-2022), StormRune (07-20-2022), tigerhonaker (07-19-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-19-2022, 11:37 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts
Thumbs up

Windy Miller,

If no one has mentioned to you yet your Video doesn't work in your 1st post above.

I'd like to see it if you can get it to work.

Also, Congratulations on finally getting your GT4 after 11-Months.

Love the color buddy it's an Eye-Cather for sure.

Enjoy,
Terry
Old 07-19-2022, 11:49 AM
LZRD GRN
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Windy Miller
After an 11 month wait from initial order to delivery, I finally picked it up at the weekend, and TBH I'm still a bit speechless and blown away! Porsche Mayfair in London were amazing from start to finish, ensuring it was a relaxed and special handover. I'm so happy I went with original gut-feeling colour and spec which I chose. One thing's for sure, Python Green has a multitude of hues, it really pops! Zero regrets there, and the black detail with the red flashes for contrast set it all off IMO.

From the moment I enquired about an allocation, pretty much 11 months to the day I picked it up, through all the build delays and unknowns, right up to handing the car over, the experience with Porsche Mayfair was an absolute pleasure.

It's my first ever Porsche, so excuse the excitement when I uncovered it and laid eyes on it for the first time...

A few hi-res pics:

First impressions driving it back home (through central london weekend traffic then onto open roads back home), just incredible! The PDK is a joy, buckets are comfortable, and the noise is intoxicating. I took it out on Sunday to get some miles on the clock, get to know it and explore the power band, gearbox and modes. It really has blown away all my expectations, it feels so special, perfectly balanced and such an all-round complete package. I genuinely can't think of another sports car I'd rather have. I know Python isn't to everyones tastes, but it's a fun weekend car, so I wanted a fun colour that would make me smile each and every time I set eyes on it. I can't wait to open it up properly.

For those of you waiting for yours, stick in there, it's worth it!
Beautiful, I have the same colour combo....

Greens always look great in the UK!

And so nice to hear a positive dealer experience!!

AFN was my dealer in the UK, I also have nothing but great things to say about them...

Maybe it's the North American dealers who just really annoy us...

Enjoy!!!
The following users liked this post:
Larry Cable (07-19-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 03:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

@Windy Miller watch those speed limits in Trumpton PC Potter is a demon with a speed camera!
The following 2 users liked this post by Larry Cable:
kwikit356 (07-20-2022), Windy Miller (08-07-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 04:09 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,423 Likes on 614 Posts

Congrats and enjoy for many km in the best of health!! I agree: they are worth the wait
Old 07-19-2022, 08:24 PM
Cyclman
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 289 Posts

Takes your breath away…
Old 07-19-2022, 08:31 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,249 Likes on 700 Posts

Love the Python Green, that's what my GT4 is specced in as well. Sounds like we have. a very similar spec with the PDK and the buckets. I cannot wait to get mine as its due to arrive in the US in late November of this year.
Old 07-20-2022, 05:24 PM
confused66
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

Beautiful car and it's great that you already have the clear side markers. Makes all the difference for esthetics! (And like Terry, I'd love to see your video)
Old 07-20-2022, 10:28 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,423 Likes on 614 Posts

What was in the black bag? “Handover” gifts? Please, do tell!
Old 07-21-2022, 06:09 AM
Windy Miller
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Windy Miller,

If no one has mentioned to you yet your Video doesn't work in your 1st post above.

I'd like to see it if you can get it to work.

Enjoy,
Terry
Originally Posted by confused66
Beautiful car and it's great that you already have the clear side markers. Makes all the difference for esthetics! (And like Terry, I'd love to see your video)
Thanks guys, not sure why the link isn't working, here's the direct link:

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
What was in the black bag? “Handover” gifts? Please, do tell!
Bits and bobs, mug, die-cast model, cable, screen wipe, chocolates, nothing of any real significance, but some nice tokens. The handover was more than enough, it wasn't rushed, it felt personal, and they ensured I got to savour the enjoyment of seeing it for the first time.
The following 3 users liked this post by Windy Miller:
IRM (08-29-2022), needmoregarage (07-21-2022), tigerhonaker (07-21-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 09:05 AM
Windy Miller
Cruisin'

After various work commitments and a holiday, the car hasn't really been anywhere and I've only just finally got around to getting the PPF sorted.

Whilst it was there I decided to treat the car so it had a paint depth inspection then decontamination, then a full stage 1 machine polish/correction before the XPEL PPF was applied. XPEL Ceramic coating was put over the applied PPF and also XPEL ceramic coating over all other Paintwork/Plastic areas. Wheels off, decontaminated and ceramic coated/baked with Gtechniq C5 wheel armour, callipers & springs and all other wheel arch areas were also ceramic coated with Gtechniq. All the glass was given a coating of Gtechniq G1clearvision smart glass, so it now beads and repels.

It took a whole week to complete, but wow I’m happy with the results, it looks better than factory! The Python Green now has a new level of depth to it which is locked in. With the PPF he did a custom XPEL package for me (somewhere between the normal 'track' and 'full' packages).

It's a long Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, so after picking it up on Saturday I took it out for the day, and it's going out again today to be driven as intended, safe in the knowledge it's protected.

A few pics from completion, and also a couple of pics by me from collection...

The following 2 users liked this post by Windy Miller:
PaulE (08-29-2022), tigerhonaker (08-29-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 12:08 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 628 Likes on 287 Posts

I stopped by there in June before I went to Le Mans... good guys. I think you were one of three people who had a GT4 on order at the time.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:15 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 68 Posts

congrats! LOVE the python!

Quick Reply: Another GT4 finally enters the UK fold - 11mth wait, but worth it!