Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Leather Odour Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 02:32 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Leather Odour Removal?

Off topic, but I have a set of headrests for my other car that I recently purchased. Seems like the seller possibly used some type of strong cleaner on them, then put them right in the box to ship. They took a month to get here so upon opening them, there is a strong smell on the leather I cannot seem to remove. Cleaned a few times with Gyeon leather cleaner, put 303 on them, and let them sit outside for day. Now have them inside a bag, sealed, with a bowl of baking soda. Just wondering if any other suggestions. Not sure what he used to clean them, but it is an annoyingly strong smell.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:42 AM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 336 Likes on 178 Posts

You may try Griots Leather Care. Not only does it protect the leather but it also has a strong leather smell to it that may eliminate or at least overpower the odor.

Amazon - Griots Garage Leather Care Amazon - Griots Garage Leather Care

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Chris Danusiar (05-08-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 11:26 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

You could try one of those Auto Shock treatments designed to remove chemical odors. We do that on all our new cars because my wife has a chemical sensitivity. Just don’t put it in a really small box when you do it. It needs a decent space or the object smells too chlorinated when your done. Also, follow the instructions EXACTLY.

Quick Reply: Leather Odour Removal?