Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary (https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-4-0-gt4-gt4rs-spyder-25th-anniversary-255/)
-   -   Cars with Luke - No more GT4s as of 2 weeks ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-4-0-gt4-gt4rs-spyder-25th-anniversary/1296163-cars-with-luke-no-more-gt4s-as-of-2-weeks-ago.html)

Adrift 04-04-2022 07:14 PM

Cars with Luke - No more GT4s as of 2 weeks ago

4 minutes in

"...since 2 weeks, no more GT4s will be made apart from the RS..."

I'm not making any claims, just reporting what's out there.

Xxyion 04-04-2022 07:19 PM

Just watched this as well. Taking it with a grain of salt because technically this is true due to the production hold. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we've gotten word that they have restarted production or for a date for production for start, but I do remember seeing that this is a temporary hold.

So under that context, correct, no GT4's are being produced.

However if we assume, no more GT4s are being produced ever....I'm just curious where he is getting that information. Remember we have plenty of dealers here in the US that claim both that the GT4 and Spyder are no longer in production, and plenty that claim they will be getting allocations soon.

Basically...I don't think anyone really knows

lilbza 04-04-2022 07:26 PM

He's talking about the taking of new orders, if you read the comments on the video, which is in line with what my SA said to me a couple of weeks ago - FYI I'm based in Australia. So you can no longer walk in and put a deposit down.

Xxyion 04-04-2022 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by lilbza (Post 18069566)
He's talking about the taking of new orders, if you read the comments on the video, which is in line with what my SA said to me a couple of weeks ago - FYI I'm based in Australia. So you can no longer walk in and put a deposit down.

When you say taking new orders, do you mean the actual allocation? Or do you mean you can't even be put on a waitlist for an allocation anymore? Currently I'm next in line for an Allocation at my local dealership as I have a deposit with them, but I don't actually have the allocation yet.

I can understand people not getting put on a waitlist anymore, but that's very different than people who are on the waitlist but are being told they will no longer get an allocation.

Adrift 04-04-2022 07:29 PM

Yes, I assumed he meant new orders, which would still be possible confirmation (?) that the non rs gt4s are done (besides existing orders, of course). More grist for the mill.

PS Not bein cruel, but waitlist = no order. Porsche knows nothing about waitlists; that is a dealer thing.

TXshaggy 04-04-2022 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Xxyion (Post 18069558)
Just watched this as well. Taking it with a grain of salt because technically this is true due to the production hold. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think we've gotten word that they have restarted production or for a date for production for start, but I do remember seeing that this is a temporary hold.

So under that context, correct, no GT4's are being produced.

However if we assume, no more GT4s are being produced ever....I'm just curious where he is getting that information. Remember we have plenty of dealers here in the US that claim both that the GT4 and Spyder are no longer in production, and plenty that claim they will be getting allocations soon.

Basically...I don't think anyone really knows

There was never a production hold. People have been reporting in the waiting room build completions all month.

Adrift 04-04-2022 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by TXshaggy (Post 18069577)
There was never a production hold. People have been reporting in the waiting room build completions all month.

^^^

lilbza 04-04-2022 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Xxyion (Post 18069572)
When you say taking new orders, do you mean the actual allocation? Or do you mean you can't even be put on a waitlist for an allocation anymore? Currently I'm next in line for an Allocation at my local dealership as I have a deposit with them, but I don't actually have the allocation yet.

I can understand people not getting put on a waitlist anymore, but that's very different than people who are on the waitlist but are being told they will no longer get an allocation.

No, as I said, you can't walk in and put a deposit down anymore. Porsche Australia said they already have enough people on waiting lists to fulfill any future allocations they may receive.

For those who have placed an order but haven't got an allocation yet, he said there's no guarantee we will get one, but he's also hopeful that I will.

Xxyion 04-04-2022 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by TXshaggy (Post 18069577)

Oh really? I remember the little announcement that was flying around that there was supposed to be a hold come mid March, I guess that just ended up not happening? Hmmm, well if this is true with no more orders...well that's very disappointing for me as I was waiting on an allocation that my local dealer claimed would come late April early May. I guess we'll just have to see. Really didn't want to buy used but if this is true...might not have a choice.

That being said I would like to know his source (assuming the dealership he got the car from) because general consensus seems like no-one buy Porsche actually knows?

Adrift 04-04-2022 07:39 PM

Whether there is a last flurry of allocations before full stop…who knows. Assuming Luke isn’t full of caca… doesn’t sound like it. Maybe some remaining unclaimed ones with fat ADMs (or someone backs out).

Sucks for those in line, to be sure.

All those overpriced low mileage cars may now start selling.

lilbza 04-04-2022 07:42 PM

His comment that they are not producing anymore, is factually incorrect. Now, if he had of said they are no longer giving out allocations, that MAY be possible, but until I am told that by my SA, I'll continue to be hopeful.

Xxyion 04-04-2022 07:44 PM

yeah I'm REALLY hoping I still get my allocation. Just gotta hang on and hope for the best.

lilbza 04-04-2022 08:00 PM

Here are two seperate comments from him within the same hour, one contradicting the other.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2ded0b9e94.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...7c46fb056e.jpg

sgreer78 04-04-2022 08:07 PM

Who the F is this guy and why do we care what he says?

lilbza 04-04-2022 08:11 PM

I don't necessarily care what he says, but it's best to clear up misinformation that's only going to create some hysteria for those eagerly awaiting an allocation.